Marketing and Communications Manager
at Healum in London
(₤30000 - ₤35000 per year)
We are Healum – a well funded digital health company on a mission to improve and save 100 million lives across the globe. We believe that everyone should have access to personalised and preventative healthcare, and that digital solutions can empower healthcare professionals to deliver that for their patients. We build digital products to enable patients to monitor and understand their health, and software that empowers health professionals to achieve better outcomes with their patients. Our primary aim is to maximise people’s engagement with their health by delighting them with products that make them feel confident, supported and motivated.
We are looking for a marketing manager to help us transform healthcare and improve health outcomes by marketing our products to healthcare professional customers and the people and patients that they are trying to help. The healthcare professionals that use our products and the community of people that they support, play the most important role in building our value proposition and our products. Are you passionate about building supportive communities around a purpose? Do you enjoy listening deeply to the challenges that people across the community have in order to spot disruptive market opportunities? Do you use actionable insights each day to address the needs and pain points of people? Are you hungry for innovation and do you embrace change? Do you love creating messaging, telling stories and delivering campaigns across paid, owned and earned communications channels to drive sales and engagement? Are you obsessed with the effective implementation and measurement of all communications and content in order to reduce cost per acquisition and maximise the return from expenditure on marketing? The most important characteristics are that you can wear many hats across the marketing and communications spectrum and that you aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty. You will work closely with the founders to deliver new value propositions that genuinely enrich people’s lives by having strategic input into the direction of the company.
- An ability to balance organisational rigour with creative opportunism.
- Experience in executing both always-on and campaign-led content marketing in order to drive inbound leads.
- Vision – and lots of it. You can see what healthcare could look like in 50 years time and what Healum could contribute to that.
- An ability to thrive under intense pressure and to create opportunities out of situations of chaos.
- An intuitive understanding of how to match what customers want with the right value proposition for the right price,
- Creativity and curiosity supported by analytical thinking and problem solving skills.
You also have
- Previous startup experience – you thrive in conditions of uncertainty and pressure.
- Previous experience in healthcare, health IT or delivering health and wellbeing services in the third sector.
- Experience in both implementing and conceiving marketing plans.
- Experience working with teams of commercial people, researchers, designers and developers.
- A high value for openness, humility, flexibility, collaboration, diversity and empathy.
- A high value for diversity of thought and experience.
As one of our first team members, a typical day might include some of the following:
- Manage the delivery of communications through our social media channels and analyse sentiment and feedback on our proposition.
- Create a marketing and communications plan to support the business development efforts for our propositions.
- Communicate key customer insights and needs to the founders, product developers. and business development team as part of the overall company strategy.
- Tell our story through the creation of videos, animations and articles in partnership with videographers and PR agencies.
- Work with internal and external research team to identify how our evidence should be communicated.
- Agree copy, content and design changes to be made on our website in order to improve SEO and inbound efforts.
- Manage search marketing.
- Input into the pricing and positioning of our product against competitors.
- Analyse and communicate the effectiveness of our marketing and advertising investments.
- Work with customers and the people that they are helping, to develop case studies.
To land this EPIC gig, you need…
- 2+ years experience working in a marketing team or agency.
- Experience in implementing online and offline marketing and communications campaigns across paid, owned and earned media channels.
- Strong communication, sales, presentation, management, and leadership skills; goal-oriented, flexible, and creative under pressure; knowledge of current marketing trends and multimedia platforms; and strong budget management skills.
- University Degree: 2:1 and above.
- Some experience working in software, technology and/or healthcare.
Recent jobs at Healum
- Project Manager / Account Manager at Healum in London 14-03-2019
- UI / UX Product Designer to transform healthcare and improve health outcomes at Healum in London 14-03-2019