Communications Analyst (Undergraduate Paid Placement)
at Pavegen in London
*Are you looking to develop your skills and experience in PR and communications? Do you want to work
for a successful and growing company that is trying to change the world?*
We’re offering a full-time placement offered for a bright, creative individual who wants to join one of the world’s
most innovative clean technology businesses. We are looking for an energetic person with the following skills:
- Social media native, comfortable across main platforms – Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn
- Knowledge and interest in a career in communications and PR
- Great writing and editing skills
- Photography and video skills also welcome.
Pavegen has developed an award-winning clean technology that converts the kinetic energy of footsteps into
off-grid electricity and data. We are a young, dynamic, entrepreneurial company with great exposure to the
world’s most famous brands and media organisations, driven by a unique approach to climate change and
sustainability.. Our mission is to enable people to change the world for the better, through the simple power
of a footstep.
Pavegen receives international media attention and continues to win awards, including the 2018 UK
PropTech Social Impact Award, CityAM Digital Innovators shortlist, a 2018 Schneider Electric Award,
and the 2017 SXSW Smart Cities Interactive Innovation Award. Pavegen also attends many events,
including at the highest levels of government.
Working with the Head of Communications, you will help to generate international press
coverage for organisations including the BBC, CNBC, CNN, Forbes, FT, Wall Street Journal and
Wired. You will also learn how to target journalists and events organisers across our target sectors – retail, smart cities and transport, education, and brand activations.
We have a range of exciting projects in the pipeline for 2019/20, working with some of the world’s
most interesting organisations. We are a small company and you will be given significant
responsibility and learning opportunities in the role. If you want a fast-paced placement year
where you are an integral part of a collaborative team, Pavegen is for you. The question is, are you up
for the challenge?
- Minimum of 2:1 expected
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Enjoys writing creatively
- A digital native and proficient with social media channels: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram etc
- The ability to construct and maintain a weekly communications plan
- Excellent time-management and organisational skills with an ability to take your own intiative
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Strategic thinker with an ability to identify how your actions can benefit the long-term goals of the
- The ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Good attention to detail and accuracy
- Interest in the clean technology sector and sustainability
- Proven track record in writing – journalism, PR
- Social media native
- Experience with event planning
- Video – filming and editing skills also welcome
- Maintain and update social media presence and website development
- Support the corporate brand strategy with marketing materials in alignment with the sales objectives
- Write press releases and selling in stories to the media with the support of the Head of Communications
- Support the project design team by providing relevant material for client and project proposals and
- Organise Pavegen’s attendence at appropriate events and speaking engagements
- Write/support articles and blogs for media publications and social platforms
- Manage media enquiries and interview requests
- Monitor, analyse and communicate PR findings and results
- Meet and build relationships with journalists and thought leaders to build industry awareness
We have one position available and will interview on a first-come, first-served basis.
We are looking for candidates to start in July in our Kings Cross Office. Please send a
CV and covering letter!
Recent jobs at Pavegen
- Sales Executive at Pavegen in London 14-03-2019
- Production Assistant at Pavegen in London 14-03-2019
- PA and Office Manager at Pavegen in London 14-03-2019