at EatFirst in London
(₤15000 - ₤18000 per year)
Who are we?
We are EatFirst – a food-tech delivery brand born in 2014 and backed by Rocket Internet. Our team of Michelin-star trained chefs creates delicious, international gourmet meals using only top-quality seasonal ingredients. We do not use any preservatives or modified ingredients and we use only compostable plastic-free packaging.
We deliver meals directly from our Kitchens in East London to:
- Individual customers in London (within the hour)
- Individual customers all across the UK (next day)
- Businesses in London (for meetings and events)
- Retail partners (Ocado, Eat17, The Grocery, …)
What do we offer?
You will become part of a star team of international, experienced foodies in a fast paced, dynamic work environment where creativity and talent are encouraged and nurtured. We offer full-time internships of 3, 6 or 12 months and the opportunity of evolving into a full-time position. Location is central, 10 minutes from Bank tube station. 60% discount on all EatFirst products and lots of free fruit, coffee and tea in the office.
What does the role involve?
You will be supporting our Retail Operations team on a full-time role. Being EatFirst a startup, our operations roles are always very hands-on. You will take responsibility from day one, get involved in the day-to-day operation and we expect you to make a difference and bring direct impact on our performance indicators. Your time will be split between daily tasks to keep the operation running and our customers happy (production planning, delivery management and cost control, picking and packing operations, hygiene and food safety control, customer service), continuous process and systems improvement tasks and business development projects.
What are we looking for?
- Deep passion for food and technology
- A continuous hands-on attitude
- Outstanding communication and leadership skills
- 11 out of 10 level of attention to detail
- Extremely high levels of energy and a very hard-working profile
- Refined sense of humour
- Strong analytical skills
- Mad Excel skills
- A curious and creative problem-solving mind
- Eagerness to learn
- A finished or ongoing BSc or MSc degree in Engineering or Business Management from a top school
Desirable but not mandatory skills:
- Understanding of Lean Management principles (Toyota Production System, 7 wastes, 5S, Standardisation)
- Previous experience in Food Production or Logistics industries
Recent jobs at EatFirst
- Designer Role (Part Time) at EatFirst in London 19-02-2019
- Field Sales Reps - Office Food Delivery at EatFirst in London 07-03-2019