Head of Investment
at RhinoKap in Greenford
Please note that this is a co-founder role and salary will only be possible upon successfully raising investment – you would start with equity compensation (subject to a vesting period) and no salary until that point.
Please do not apply if this is not acceptable for you.
About the company:
RhinoKap is a recently created startup based in the UK with the aim of channelling funds towards African entrepreneurs through equity crowdfunding – starting in Kenya.
To that end we are building a for profit (equity, quasi- equity and debt) crowdfunding platform that connects overseas investors of all sizes with talented African startups that have scalable and profitable ideas to solve pan-African problems.
About the Role:
RhinoKap is seeking a co-founder with investing experience and a passion for business creation in Africa.
You will be the Investment Head of the company and being in a very early stage, you will be responsible for the end to end process of deal origination, from sourcing and screening the startups to preparing the material to present to investors, lead on the due diligence and structure the deal. As we grow, you will be the responsible to hire and lead the investment team.
- Business and industry research in African countries
- Source and assess potential deals
- Create partnerships with local institutions
- Build relationships with investors
- Structure and present deals to investors
- Lead on the Due Diligence of the deals
- Hire, train, and mentor new analysts
- Strong academic credentials, preferably including a post-graduate qualification such as CFA, MBA or equivalent
- Experience within venture capital, private equity, corporate finance, investment banking or broader financial services or management consulting experience
- Report writing, proficient business communication and presentation skills
- Analytical, research and valuation skills, including the ability to analyse company reports, sector data, economic situations and relevant political events
- An active interest in investing in Africa
- Willingness to travel within Africa
About the Person:
As a co-founder you will need to be a proactive person who is positive, persistent, with can-do attitude and keen to propose new ideas and discuss other people’s ideas to make the project a reality.
You will initially work remotely with one weekly meeting in Central/West London.
As mentioned above, salary will only be possible upon successfully raising investment and can be negotiated – you would start with equity compensation and no salary until that point. Please do not apply if this is not acceptable for you.
Part time commitment is fine until seed funding is secured.