Data Scientist / Quantitative Engineer
at Nimbla in London
(₤50000 - ₤80000 per year)
Nimbla provides a first of a kind invoice protection solution so that Britain’s SMEs continue to trade with confidence. We are building the future of small business protection, and are on high growth trajectory having just closed our first super seed round. A Barclays Techstars Alumni we have the backing from Munich RE, the world’s leading insurers’.
Our future is bright, and we’re looking for a talented Data Scientist who wants the freedom to build something different and help us keep the thriving small business enterprise alive. This is the opportunity to help shape the direction of one of the most promising FinTech startups in the UK. We will count on you to make a significant contribution to our success and will support yours in the process.
You are a highly inquisitive Data Scientist who excels in an open environment where you will have the flexibility to work in a way that suits you best. With a passion for high-quality scalable solutions, you will be experienced in various data science, quantitative analysis and perhaps some machine learning techniques.
- Be able to clean and manipulate Data
- Take pleasure from clear code and scripts
- Be able to troubleshoot difficult technical issues
- Love to solve complex technical problems while learning new technologies in the process
- Curious and ask questions to deepen understanding and create the best solutions
- Seek continual self-improvement
- Be an enthusiastic team player who enjoys collaborating across teams
- Be able to excel with minimal supervision
- Be able to multitask in a dynamic, early-stage environment
- Have excellent communication skills
- Proficient in Python
- Have had some experience with MongoDB, Postgres and AWS services
- Used some form of Visualisation software for easy communication
- Contribute to product planning and solving ongoing scaling challenges
Bonus Points For:
- Machine Learning experience,
- Time Series Analysis
- Credit Scoring Algorithms
- Decision Engines
- Econometrics and Prediction experience
At Nimbla We Believe In:
- For our customers: We aim to make Business a fairer place by protecting SMEs from bad debt.
- For our team: together, we create an environment in which everyone is comfortable developing within their roles and within the business.
Aim to learn something new every day, big or small to grow personally and bring about positive change
We each strive to be creative, support innovation and wonderful experiences to our users
- Measuring performance more than time:
This position is being offered on a flexible work-week basis with no compromise on salary
- Flexible working:
We are based in the comfortable and trendy Rise London workspace, a stone’s throw from Silicon Roundabout. We will love to see you there, you will also have the opportunity to work remotely and balance your life and your work as works for you.
What You’d Expect
- A competitive salary
- Full auto-enrollment workplace pension for all employees with 2% employer contribution.
- Comfortable and trendy Rise London workspace, a stone’s throw from Silicon Roundabout
- Unlimited coffee, tea and fruit every day
- Holidays: we offer 28 days of holiday per annum, plus bank holidays off.
- Autonomy and empowerment: What matters is that the job gets done and that we help each other in accomplishing our vision and goals. Once the goals are set, how you achieve results is up to you.
- Radical Candour: We all want to grow, and we help each other do so by maintaining candid, open conversations, especially when it’s hard. Be kind, and be opened and honest
- Dynamic working hours: We trust you to establish an effective working pattern that allows you to excel in your role. This includes working from home, of course.
- Learning & Development: Books, courses, and £1,000 budget to spend as you wish for your personal development.
- Dogs in the office.
- Daily talks and meet-ups presented in the building by the Barclays Innovation team.
Recent jobs at Nimbla
- Junior Software Developper at Nimbla in London 14-03-2019