China marketing lead
at Wevat in London
(₤40000 - ₤60000 per year)
As the China marketing lead, you’ll be responsible for direct user acquisition for our target audience – visitors and students from mainland China in the UK. You will first plan and test a wide range of channels, to help us decide which ones to focus on. You will then run campaigns to optimise the most effective channels, understanding the drivers for each one to allow us to achieve our LTV:CAC goal. We’ll expect you to lead on hiring people (full-time or freelance) to help you execute the plan.
To date, most of our customers have been acquired through word of mouth and content marketing. We’re now placing greater focus on performance marketing, referrals and offline channels. We’d like to run experiments in each area to find the most effective channels for us. It will be essential for you to take a data-driven approach, measuring the results from each campaign and sharing your learnings with the team.
You’ll be working closely with the founders and the rest of the team, sharing key learnings and discussing ideas. We expect you to be involved in making product decisions based on your understanding of our audience, supported by data.
- Understanding of visitors and students from mainland China
- 2-5 years in marketing at a B2C tech company
- Planning and testing user acquisition channels
- Performance marketing on major platforms (e.g. Baidu, Instagram)
- Content marketing on major platforms (e.g. 微信，小红书，马蜂窝)
- Managing a monthly budget of £10k-50k
- Setting KPIs
- Analysing conversion funnels
- Hiring and managing a team of 2+ people
- Tier 2 visa sponsorship
- Annual company retreat
- Flexible working hours
- Working in a talented and motivated team
- Monthly budget for food and drinks