Sales Development Representative
at Birdie in London
(₤25000 - ₤40000 per year)
Founded by a team hailing from Deliveroo, Asos, McKinsey & Save the Children, Birdie is a pioneer in social innovation. We’ve built a holistic technology platform to support care professionals and families in enhancing care for older adults living at home. We help care professionals deliver better, tailored care thanks to a suite of digital tools and services. We ensure our elders are safer at home thanks to home connected devices. And we’re building the digital care companion so desperately needed by families caring for their loved ones. It’s not only reactive care: thanks to the data collected, we predict and prevent health issues in the elderly.
We’re on a mission to reinvent care so that older generations can age safely in their own homes, surrounded by their families and their communities. Thanks to the strong financial and strategic backing of AXA and a team of seasoned experts, we’re on track with our ambition to radically improve the lives of 1 million older adults within the next 5 years.
The mission of the Senior Sales Executive is to drive Birdie’s go-to-market strategy by forging partnerships with homecare agencies. You’ll take responsibility for optimising all the key aspects of the sales cycle, from developing sales materials, adapting sales strategies, optimising sales and marketing processes, and of course, executing sales. You’ll be reporting into the Head of Sales & Marketing and will have continuous interactions with the CEO and the management team. You will drive the whole Sales and Marketing team to optimise the funnel from end to end. You’ll have the opportunity to coach more junior members of the team, and the growth trajectory of Birdie means your own development path will be in your own hands!
To start with, your main focus will be closing deals with owners of SME homecare agencies to have them partner with Birdie. You’ll have the support of a fantastic sales development team to build your pipeline, but in an industry such as care, establishing your own online and offline network will also be key. And you’ll need to drive improvement across every workstream in the venture (sales, marketing, product) based on the feedback you gather and your innovative ideas and suggestions.
How you’ll contribute to Birdie
- Shape, test, iterate and improve our sales efforts, with the goal of achieving a 20% improvement in key sales metrics within 3 months;
- Drive improvements across all workstreams, including marketing & product, by sharing feedback from your interactions with clients & contributing your own ideas;
- Conduct over 35 video pitches each month and achieve a close rate of 60% (as we’re currently achieving!);
- Achieve a 1 month average sales cycle time for SME homecare agencies;
- Market Birdie at 3 – 5 conferences per year, with individual goals set for those conferences;
- Coach more junior members of the team to improve their sales skills.
We’d love to hear from you if…
- You are truly entrepreneurial, ready to seize the initiative and drive radical improvement in your own and your team’s work;
- You have an exceptional sales track record, and the hunger to excel further;
- You’re unshakeably curious, always listening and engaging to understand true motivations;
- You build close relationships quickly, and develop deep levels of trust that enable you to persuade and influence decision-making;
- You are passionately committed to going above and beyond for your customers, pulling in whatever resources you need to deliver the best experience for them;
- You can simplify the most complex topics in a way that anyone can understand;
- You’re driven to work in a fast-paced, ambiguous, ever-changing startup environment, and can organise & prioritise your work independently;
- You are committed to self-development, whether independently or with your team;
- You’ve had formal sales training, and have at least 3 years of experience in B2B sales;
- You adhere to the Birdie values.
Why join Birdie?
If you want to work in a truly revolutionary tech startup, create positive social change, and develop yourself as part of a team of seasoned experts in healthcare, tech and startups, Birdie is the place for you! Being a high growth and velocity venture, you’ll be able to feel the tangible impact of your work, you’ll gain a deep understanding of all key areas of the start-up, and you’ll have a unique opportunity to guide the direction of the business. You’ll join a team that shares the ambition to radically transform the lives of millions of older adults and is building a work environment 2.0: close-knit, flat, supportive and joyful.
You’ll experience an accelerated journey thanks to our passion to deliver impact, the unparalleled talents in the team and the strong backing from AXA. And you’ll have the support to grow in your role, with promotion opportunities as early as 9 – 12 months and a personal development plan. Check our blog to get a feeling of our culture and vision. And join us now to transform elderly care for the good!
Recent jobs at Birdie
- Account Manager at Birdie in London 15-03-2019