Courier Media is looking for a talented, motivated junior designer. The position will be in support of the senior designer in the design and layout of Courier magazine and a host of other magazines published by Courier media. The ideal candidate will have a positive, flexible attitude and be keen to work as part of a growing startup.
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic and proactive, pays close attention to detail, can juggle numerous tasks at once, and is brimming with ideas.
* Produce layouts and follow predefined grids for Courier magazine and other magazines published by Courier Media
* Creative research into illustration, photography and graphic ideas and treatments
* Provide regular updates on work progress and meet deadlines according to project schedules
* Working with the commercial and editorial teams to develop client projects and additional partnership materials
* Maintain Courier’s design language across brand communications
* Great typography and layout skills with thorough attention to detail
* The ability to follow direction with guidance as well as work independently
* Knowledge of magazine production and print process.
* Keen to work a fast-paced, agile environment. At Courier you’ll hit the ground running.
* Excited by print and digital design and keen to get involved in the continual evolution of Courier’s design language
* Illustration skills not essential but beneficial
* A brief cover note explaining why you would would be the right candidate for the role
* Your CV and portfolio