Front End Developer
at WeGift in London
This listing is for a position in our Cambridge office
WeGift is a leading fintech start-up looking for we’re looking for Front-End Web Developer who knows what they are doing, to make our product look as good as it functions. We have python web application with front end components built in Vue.
WeGift is a on a mission to completely reinvent rewards. Rewards are everywhere, from employee compensation to customer acquisition, from gift cards to crypto pay-outs. It’s a $600bn global market. Yet this massive industry is stuck in the middle ages. Just like Stripe did for payments or Twilio did for telephony, we are on a mission to completely transform our industry with a radical new approach that is product-led, API-led, and helps our clients enter a world of real-time optimisation with immediate revenue generating and operational benefits.
We are a young company, yet we have already signed a world-class portfolio of clients (Sky, Vodafone, Coinbase), and over 400 retail brands on our platform from Amazon to Nike and many more. We are looking to assemble a fabulous, diverse and driven group of people who take pride in their work and are not afraid to take on industry giants.
We pride ourselves on an inclusive, fun and results driven culture predicated on fast decision making, zero-politics and collaborative no BS attitude. We’re transforming how we send and spend money with a commitment to unlocking value for billions around the world and would love you to join us on the journey.
- Autonomy and ownership in a fun environment, that cares about your wellbeing both inside and outside of work.
- A chance to shape the future of one of Europe’s fastest growing fintech start-ups.
- Lots of opportunity to learn and grow professionally.
- Be a key member of a passionate, smart and driven team of professionals who are committed to transforming the way businesses use digital currency.
Sketches of life at WeGift
- We run at a million miles an hour, there’s always great things to get done.
- We laugh a lot. Humour solves a lot of problems.
- If things go sideways, we’re reflective, with some healthy swearing and a good dose of gallows humour; we roll up our sleeves and sort it out.
- We see the awesome work we do used in everyday life and are driven by the knowledge that there are still millions of businesses and consumers we can help.
- If you’re the type of person that likes to laugh in the face of danger, wants to make a big splash and gets stuff done, we’d love you to come and join us for the journey.
What’s Exciting About WeGift?
- We’re building a new business category; the world’s first digital currency of all B2C customer acquisition loyalty, retention pay-outs, that globally and instantly saves businesses up to 20%, with no bank account required.
- You’ll be working with many of the world’s leading gift card brands (Amazon, Nike, Uber) and corporate partners (Vouchercodes.co.uk, Perkbox and Coinbase)
- You’ll see millions of people, business partners, friends and family interact during their everyday lives
- We’ve built an amazing product and are leading the way in $600 billion industry that is growing fast.
Role : Creating beautiful web interfaces using the latest front-end technologies, working directly with the CTO, backend developers and designers.
- Writing clean, scalable, reusable and maintainable code.
- Designing technical solutions to solve business problems.
- Participating in code reviews to maintain code quality.
- Enhance and improve existing UI to deliver an amazing front end experience.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- 4+ years building high quality front end websites & web applications
- Experience with a templating language (e.g Jinja, Liquid)
- Experience with ES6+
- Experience with modern JS frameworks such as React, Angular or Vue.
What’s in for you?
- Highly competitive salary.
- Participation in the Employee Options pool
- Pension scheme.
- Amazing central London WeWork Office or Fabulous Central Working Office in Cambridge
- Great equipment
- Quarterly bonuses based on objectives
- Generous holiday allowance, minimum of 25 days
- Weekly catered hot team lunches
- Staff perks with WeGift brands
- Flexible hours
- Work from home when needed
- WeRecognise: Monthly Employee Recognition £200 award in the eGift card of your choice
- POETS Friday (leave early)
- Monthly team socials (Escape Rooms, Karaoke)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Annual company holiday
- Training programmes
- Fully licenses as a tier 2 sponsor (if you are already based in the UK, we can support with your tier 2 visa)
- Access to the WeGift members benefits portal. Buy your daily coffee, weekly groceries, month electronics and annual holiday all at discounts of up to 12%
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
New Jobs Alert created!
By creating this alert, you agree to ourT&Cs
and Cookie Use.
Recent jobs at WeGift
- Operations Intern at WeGift in London 11-03-2019
- Market Research (Spanish Speaker) at WeGift in London 13-03-2019
- Market Research (German Speaker) at WeGift in London 13-03-2019
- Customer Support at WeGift in London 10-04-2019
- HR and Recruitment Intern at WeGift in London 13-05-2019
- UX intern at WeGift in London 15-05-2019
- Sales Intern at WeGift in London 15-05-2019