Senior Full Stack Python Developer
at WeGift in London
This listing is for a position in our Cambridge office
WeGift is a leading fintech start-up looking for a senior full stack Python developer who is looking to help scale a marketing leading, disruptive high transaction platform. Someone who relishes the unique challenges of working with a small and effective team, who is passionate about solving the problems that arise through continually building new market leading products on a global scale.
At WeGift we value the people and we believe that each person plays an essential role in the development and growth of the company. We’re a passionate, thoughtful and friendly team who have each other’s backs. We are not afraid to think outside the box, smash through barriers and or think up new ideas to change the way we do things.
We’re backed by some of the world leading Tech Angels and VCs, with the resource and drive to build something unique and a high conviction that we’re delivering a solution the world needs.
We love people with big hearts, sharp minds, fierce drive, and curious souls, who are authentic, want to win and can have a laugh while doing it.
- Autonomy and ownership in a fun environment, that cares about your wellbeing both inside and outside of work.
- A chance to shape the future of one of Europe’s fastest growing fintech start-ups.
- Lots of opportunity to learn and grow professionally.
- Be a key member of a passionate, smart and driven team of professionals who are committed to transforming the way businesses use digital currency.
Sketches of life at WeGift
- We run at a million miles an hour, there’s always great things to get done.
- We laugh a lot. Humour solves a lot of problems.
- If things go sideways, we’re reflective, with some healthy swearing and a good dose of gallows humour; we roll up our sleeves and sort it out.
- We see the awesome work we do used in everyday life and are driven by the knowledge that there are still millions of businesses and consumers we can help.
- If you’re the type of person that likes to laugh in the face of danger, wants to make a big splash and gets stuff done, we’d love you to come and join us for the journey.
What’s Exciting About WeGift?
- We’re building a new business category; the world’s first digital currency of all B2C customer acquisition loyalty, retention pay-outs, that globally and instantly saves businesses up to 20%, with no bank account required.
- You’ll be working with many of the world’s leading gift card brands (Amazon, Nike, Uber) and corporate partners (Vouchercodes.co.uk, Perkbox and Coinbase)
- You’ll see millions of people, business partners, friends and family interact during their everyday lives
- We’ve built an amazing product and are leading the way in $600 billion industry that is growing fast.
Role : Writing clean, scalable and reusable code to deliver the features on the company roadmap.
- Writing clean, scalable, reusable and maintainable code.
- Designing technical solutions to solve business problems.
- Analysing, vetting and testing new technology choices.
- Participating in code reviews to maintain code quality and coaching other team members on best practise.
- Maintaining well documented release notes and changelog entries.
- Developing back-end components to improve responsiveness and overall performance.
- Integrating user-facing elements into applications
- Flask web framwork
- Good knowledge of HTML, JS and CSS and Linux is necessary
- Familiarity with Vue
- Payment or financial service experience
- Experience of working with a relational database and preferably knowledge of one ORM like, for example, SqlAlchemy.
- Working in an Agile environment.
- Strong experience of creating and using Web APIs.
What’s in for you?
- Highly competitive salary.
- Participation in the Employee Options pool
- Pension scheme.
- Amazing central London WeWork Office or Fabulous Central Working Office in Cambridge
- Great equipment
- Quarterly bonuses based on objectives
- Generous holiday allowance, minimum of 25 days
- Weekly catered hot team lunches
- Staff perks with WeGift brands
- Flexible hours
- Work from home when needed
- WeRecognise: Monthly Employee Recognition £200 award in the eGift card of your choice
- POETS Friday (leave early)
- Monthly team socials (Escape Rooms, Karaoke)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Annual company holiday
- Training programmes
- Fully licenses as a tier 2 sponsor
- Access to the WeGift members benefits portal. Buy your daily coffee, weekly groceries, month electronics and annual holiday all at discounts of up to 12%
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Recent jobs at WeGift
- Operations Intern at WeGift in London 11-03-2019
- Market Research (Spanish Speaker) at WeGift in London 13-03-2019
- Market Research (French Speaker) at WeGift in London 13-03-2019
- Market Research (Italian Speaker) at WeGift in London 13-03-2019
- Market Research (German Speaker) at WeGift in London 13-03-2019
- Front End Developer at WeGift in London 15-03-2019
- Mid-level Full Stack Python Developer at WeGift in London 15-03-2019