Product Design Consultant
at Movemeback in London
Movemeback has built the first of its kind professional and social networking platform connecting individuals and organisations across the world to business, career and partnership opportunities in Africa! Some liken us to a cross between the Linkedin, Tinder (connecting people) and Airbnb for African opportunities. Our mission is to tangibly address some of the world’s largest unsolved problems, related to creating transparency and access to unique opportunities, connecting people and forming meaningful connections for driving social and economic development.
We are looking for a seasoned and passionate designer with a great track record of breaking apart complex user journeys and unifying multi-service applications. We’re particularly looking for someone who is forward looking, product minded and passionate about user centric design. To succeed in this role, you must really take pride in your work and challenge the status quo. Because your role will be short term, you must already possess a deep knowledge of all aspects of the software development life cycle, have experience advising teams and shaping design strategy and design thinking.
We’re inquisitive, and we’re patient, but we move at pace and enjoy working as an agile team. We value opinions, appreciate team players, like storytellers and love everyday problem-solvers. We offer our users many services and our platform can be content heavy, therefore the ideal consultant must have demonstrable experience solving complex design problems around information design and presentation and simplifying strenuous user journeys.
- As a consultant, you will work directly with our product team to analyse every aspect of our core features and craft best in class experiences and interfaces.
- You will define our user experience standards.
- You will play an integral part in introducing new design thinking to existing solutions to deliver an attractive and engaging user experience.
- You will shape current and future projects from a design, functional and business perspective to make global impact.
- You will be responsible for transforming customer insights into concepts, personas, user journeys, storyboards, system maps and user flows (and potentially wireframes, visual design comps and prototypes).
You should apply if:
- You have demonstrable experience designing / crafting B2C platforms (e.g. dating, social, jobs) or B2B / Data Intensive platforms (i.e. Admin interfaces, Dashboards, Recruiting Management Systems / ATS).
- You have 6+ years of Product Design experience.
- You care about delivering seamless and integrated experiences.
- You’ve owned end-to-end product design for multiple scaling products.
- You have a strong portfolio demonstrating seamless user experience and interaction.
- You have great communication and documentation skills and experience with leading design tools.
- You have strong creative problem-solving skills and high attention to detail.
- You care about customer needs, but also understand technical trade offs and business goals.
NB, experience designing mobile applications is not critical for this position but it would strengthen your chances.
This is a great position for a senior designer looking to expand their portfolio and also shape the design of a rapidly growing platform. We are a market leader in our ecosystem and the user journeys and interfaces you design will shape how our users in over 140 countries access our platform.
New Jobs Alert created!
By creating this alert, you agree to ourT&Cs
and Cookie Use.