Scurri has the Vision of Connecting Commerce by optimising the ordering, shipping and delivery process for customers. We are a highly ambitious Retail Tech company based in Wexford town. Our software is powering delivery for some of the best known online retailers such as eBay, Ocado, Gousto, Vision Direct and many others. We support the delivery of billions of euros worth of transactions, and are growing at an amazing rate.
We also partner with the world’s most innovative delivery companies like UPS, DHL, TNT and DPD. Experienced investors with an amazing track record of backing successful companies have funded our growth and we have a multi award winning team focused on achieving our vision. As we are a rapidly growing company, we are constantly hiring new members for our development team.
Some of the challenges you will face in this role are:
* Integrations with lots of third-party APIs
* Scaling to handle the volume from large retailers
* High Availability
* Design software that can be easily adapted.
You will join a world class engineering team that follows lean and agile practices, believes that untested code is broken by design, does continuous deployments (but decouples releases from deployments) and continuously improves.
You need to have:
* Strong engineering principles.
* 3+ years experience with Python. Our platform is based on Django.
* Strong working knowledge of git.
* Experience with unit and acceptance testing tools and practices. Tests are part of the definition of done.
* Excellent English and communication skills.
* Experience with AWS is a bonus.
* Experience of system design an advantage.
At Scurri we feel it’s important to hire highly motivated and talented people, make sure they are looked after and to give them the tools and the freedom to get things done. We don't judge your performance by hours at your desk, but by the impact you have. Our main requirement is that you follow our values and focus on the mission.
* Company pension - Matched 3% employer contribution
* Company Health Scheme - VHI
* Snacks - Tea, coffee fruit, ice cream and other surprises to keep you fuelled
* Discounted Gym Membership
* Cycle to work scheme
* Annual company day, regular all-company socials
* Social Club - Camping, Kayaking, nights out etc
* Ongoing Training
* Paid for volunteer time
* Ultra modern offices and facilities
* A fantastic lifestyle where you can be at the beach or in the countryside 10 mins after leaving the office.