Senior Data Science / Machine Learning Engineer
at TRIPTEASE in London
We’re looking for experienced data science / ML engineers to join our newly formed data science team, where the opportunities are endless – at the moment our focus is on modelling conversions, real-time bidding in display advertising, campaign optimisation and recommendation systems, but there are opportunities in other products which involve NLP and auto-agents.
You will enjoy working with one of the richest data sets in the hotel industry, cutting edge technology, and the ability to see your insights turned into real products on a regular basis. At Triptease we have amazing software engineers, so you will work closely with them to productionise your models into our various platforms.
- Apply your expertise in data science to understand how our users interact with our products and translate data-driven features which create value for our customers
- Develop various production grade models on large-scale datasets by utilizing advanced statistical modelling, machine learning, or data mining techniques
- Research and develop data science infrastructure and services, whilst leveraging our platforms and libraries
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams to solve problems and identify opportunities
- Inform, influence, support, and execute our product decisions and product launches
- You are customer centric and work well with product owners.
- Minimum of 2-4 years of experience as a data scientist
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms (e.g. regression, classification, clustering, time series, econometrics, mathematical optimization)
- Proficiency in Python or R
- Advanced query languages skills, such as SQL, Hive, Pig – comfortable working with very large datasets
- Good understanding of collaborative development tools such as Git
- Excellent applied statistics skills: thorough knowledge of statistical distributions, statistical testing, modelling, etc.
- Hunger and drive to learn complex topics
Bonus points for:
- Previous experience in advertising tech is a plus or in financial modelling or trading, as the Ad exchange has similar dynamics
- Experience with deployment pipelines and continuous delivery on cloud platforms (we use Google Cloud Platform and Docker)
- Experience with big data using technologies like Hadoop, Hive, and Spark a plus
Our start-up culture means everybody’s contribution matters and is celebrated. We do set ourselves insanely ambitious goals and are proud of our ability to deliver those through smart working.
What we offer:
- A competitive salary and commission scheme, share options and fantastic benefits (including a self-development budget, annual offsite and your own MacBook).
- Working with superstars. You’ll be working with industry veterans and eCommerce pros in travel and hospitality.
- Pace. We’re growing. Get on board fast and be part of the journey. No two days are the same. You won’t get bored.
- Hands-on experience. Got a great idea? You can make it happen. Don’t get stuck in a grey cubicle.
New Jobs Alert created!
By creating this alert, you agree to ourT&Cs
and Cookie Use.
Recent jobs at TRIPTEASE
- Senior Software Engineer at TRIPTEASE in London 21-03-2019
- Customer Success Manager (Italian Speaking) at TRIPTEASE in London 21-03-2019
- Sales Executive (German speaking) at TRIPTEASE in London 21-03-2019