Super Snaps is a London-based e-commerce photo printing service available via web, iOS and Android Apps. We are bringing a fresh and funky approach to photo printing for the millennial generation. We do this through superior user experience, innovative technology, great quality product and mega customer service. We have over 40,000 customers and maintain a 5 Star Trustpilot rating.
We are entering a fast paced growth stage and are looking for a CTO to strap in for the ride, support future funding rounds and maintain and develop our technology platform in this exciting chapter for our business. This is a great opportunity for an experienced full stack developer to step in to a CTO position and gain both experience in a fast growing business and potentially a substantial equity stake!
We’ve bootstrapped the business to a position where we have a proven brand, technology platform (pryynt.com) and business model and are now in the process of aggressively scaling the business over the next five years.
Super Snaps is our consumer facing brand built onto our proprietary PRYYNT API. PRYYNT is our B2B2C brand and also our core engine. We have exciting plans to develop this technology for specific, high growth applications. This includes AR and AI integrations as well as working with large consumer brands.
We are looking for a Chief Technology Officer to provide sound technical leadership in all aspects of our business. You will communicate with employees, stakeholders and customers to ensure our company’s technologies are used appropriately.
Strategic thinking and strong business acumen are essential in this role. We expect you to be well-versed in current technological trends and familiar with a variety of business concepts.
- Develop technical aspects of the company’s strategy to ensure alignment with its business goals
- Discover and implement new technologies that yield competitive advantage
- Supervise system infrastructure to ensure functionality and efficiency
- Build quality assurance and data protection processes
- Monitor KPIs and IT budgets to assess technological performance
- Use stakeholders’ feedback to inform necessary improvements and adjustments to technology
- Communicate technology strategy to partners and investors
- Build a class-leading technology team and create the technical architecture & infrastructure to deliver great customer experiences
- Be a driver of technical innovation within both businesses
- Identify suitable technological solutions and successfully implement to meet with the needs of both businesses and investors
- Work collaboratively across the business, marketing, operations and investment teams to present a cohesive product strategy and roadmap
- Manage a team of developers / engineers to develop innovative solutions that meet customer needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, realistic implementation schedules
- Take a leading executive management role within this venture defining the strategy for this business and leading the team to successfully deliver on our product development goals
- Deliver regular updates to the board / investors
Skills & Experience:
We are looking for highly motivated individuals with an excellent attitude, ability to roll up their sleeves and hit the ground running, with the right skills, ambition, passion and personality to make a substantial impact on the future success of the business. All of the skills and experiences below are great to have but not all are essential.
- Bachelors’ degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- Full Stack knowledge (we can provide details of our stack on request)
- Experience in developing and operating successful web / mobile (iOS and Android) B2C
- Experience scaling startups taking a leading role in the hiring / development of technology teams
- Previous experience operating in a technology leadership, management or executive role
- Knowledge of technological trends to build strategy
- Understanding of budgets and business-planning
- Ability to conduct technological analyses and research
- Excellent communication skills
- Leadership and organisational abilities
- Strategic thinking
- Problem-solving aptitude