Senior Full Stack Developer
at Movemeback in London
(₤60000 - ₤80000 per year)
Movemeback is a London based start-up on a mission to build a world where anyone can access opportunities anywhere. We have built a global online platform and community connecting individuals and organisations across the world to business, career and partnership opportunities in regions outside their immediate domain, starting with Africa! Some liken us to a cross between the Linkedin, Tinder (connecting people) and Airbnb for opportunities. As a team, we are driven to use the latest in intelligent computing to tangibly address some of the world’s largest unsolved problems, related to creating transparency and access to unique opportunities, connecting people and forming meaningful connections for driving social and economic development.
We are looking for an experienced and passionate full-stack engineer with a strong background in architecting and delivering complex technology solutions. To thrive in this position, you must be interested in designing tech strategy and building scaleable applications. We’re particularly looking for someone with deep knowledge of all aspects of the software development life cycle, someone who has led a team, enjoys using technology to solve real life problems and believes no problem is too big to be solved.
We’re inquisitive, and we’re patient, but we move at pace and enjoy working as an agile team. We value opinions, appreciate team players, like storytellers and love everyday problem-solvers. To succeed in this role, you must embrace and run towards doing hard things and take others on a journey with you. We offer our users many services and therefore the ideal Tech Lead should have demonstrable experience architecting / building B2C platforms (e.g. dating, social, jobs) and B2B / Data Intensive platforms (i.e. Admin interfaces, Dashboards, Recruiting Management Systems / ATS).
We encourage an open and flexible working environment but from a high level, you will:
- Translate business strategy to technical strategy
- Architect end to end applications (including back-end, front-end, mobile and admin)
- Design and implement technical architecture and dev-ops process and solution
- Write beautiful, tested and resilient code
- Recommend, enhance, implement and roll-out innovative team processes and tools
- Lead and develop junior development team members
- Represent Movemeback in public arena and share our technical insights with the world
- Experience at leading technology firm as well as at a high growth start-up or scale-up
- Building quality assurance and data protection processes
- Back-end development (any modern language / framework)
- Architecting microservices and service oriented architecture
- Django development
- REST API development
- Asynchronous programming (messaging and queues)
- Service integration (payments, email notifications)
- Relational database and SQL (mySQL/ Postgres (NoSQL database is a nice to have))
- AWS core functionality (EC2, RDS, Cloudwatch, SES, SNS)
- Container service architecture e.g. Docker
- CI/CD, automation build and test tools
- Application security
- User authentication and single sign on
- Elasticsearch/ similar search platform
- Mobile development native/framework: ‘intermediate’ (IOS, Android, React Native, Ionic)
We’re working on a product which will be used by millions and for us, the most important thing is someone who genuinely enjoys learning, and challenging the status quo. However, it helps if you have:
- Bachelors in a technical / science degree from a leading university
- Strong academic track record and history of excellence
If you are interested in being considered or generally want to learn more, please apply, we’d love to talk to you.
New Jobs Alert created!
By creating this alert, you agree to ourT&Cs
and Cookie Use.