Senior Backend Developer
at Movemeback in London
(₤37000 - ₤50000 per year)
Movemeback is a London based start-up on a mission to build a world where anyone can access opportunities anywhere. We have built a global online platform and community connecting individuals and organisations across the world to business, career and partnership opportunities in regions outside their immediate domain, starting with Africa! Some liken us to a cross between the Linkedin, Tinder (connecting people) and Airbnb for opportunities. As a team, we are driven to use the latest in intelligent computing to tangibly address some of the world’s largest unsolved problems, related to creating transparency and access to unique opportunities, connecting people and forming meaningful connections for driving social and economic development.
Our back-end is very critical to us, and we are looking for a team member who is interested in making decisions, solving real life issues which our users face but also thinking several steps ahead and building scalable solutions. We’re particularly looking for someone with deep knowledge of all aspects of the software development life cycle, someone with someone front-end experience and a genuine self started.
We encourage an open and flexible working environment but from a high level, you will:
- Architect end to end applications
- Design and implement technical architecture and dev-ops process and solution
- Write beautiful, tested and resilient code
- Experience at leading technology firm as well as at a high growth start-up or scale-up
- Experience architecting / building B2C platforms (e.g. dating, social, jobs) or B2B / Data Intensive platforms (i.e. Admin interfaces, Dashboards, Recruiting Management Systems / ATS).
- Building quality assurance and data protection processes
- Back-end development (any modern language / framework)
- Architecting microservices and service oriented architecture
- Python/ Django development (minimum 4 years)
- REST API development
- Asynchronous programming (messaging and queues)
- Service integration (payments, email notifications)
- Relational database and SQL (mySQL/ Postgres (NoSQL database is a nice to have))
- AWS core functionality (EC2, RDS, Cloudwatch, SES, SNS)
- Container service architecture e.g. Docker
- Some front-end experience either with Angular or React
We’re working on a product which will be used by millions and for us, the most important thing is someone who genuinely enjoys learning, and challenging the status quo. However, it helps if you have:
- Bachelors in a technical / science degree from a leading university
- Strong academic track record and history of excellence
If you are interested in being considered or generally want to learn more, please apply, we’d love to talk to you.
New Jobs Alert created!
By creating this alert, you agree to ourT&Cs
and Cookie Use.