at Product Forge in Edinburgh
This is a full time, permanent role in an established but growing and fast moving events company based in Newington, Edinburgh.
Over the past four years our company has supported early stage product development and entrepreneurship in Scotland by organising world class hackathons and open innovation activities.
We’ve explored a wide range of themes including digital health, tourism, heritage and the environment and nurtured a remarkable community of entrepreneurially minded developers, designers and other professionals.
To take us to the next stage in our journey, we’re recruiting a community manager who is creative, personable and shares our community’s entrepreneurial spirit. Through digital marketing and face to face networking, the successful candidate will grow our events and wider network, deliver our ambition to take early stage ideas from prototype to production, and evaluate the positive impact we have on the ecosystem.
You would be responsible for:
- Company communications & social media marketing
- Networking & community engagement
- Evaluating projects and ecosystem impact
- Managing community competitions & sponsorships
- Developing our programme of support
Skills and attributes:
- English fluency and excellent communication skills are essential
- Digitally proficient, especially in relation to social media and mobile technology
- Some proficiency in Adobe Illustrator or a similar package
- Relevant community or marketing experience in a tech or healthcare startup
- Right to work in the UK for at least 18 months & valid drivers licence
The position entails a high degree of responsibility, autonomy and attention to detail, synthesising a high level vision into a practical, deliverable plan. The successful candidate will be independent, organised, methodical and capable of juggling multiple tasks whilst working to strict deadlines.
Please respond with a short cover letter with text formatted in green ink and and your CV attached as a MS Word or PDF file detailing your relevant skills and experience to the role. Where possible, provide links to past projects and a LinkedIn or other professional profile if you have one.
New Jobs Alert created!
By creating this alert, you agree to ourT&Cs
and Cookie Use.