GoCardless’ vision is to build a global connected payments network, making payments simpler on the internet no matter what country you’re in or what software you’re using.
Today, we help over 35,000 businesses across the UK, Europe, Australia and New Zealand to collect payments, and we’re growing fast. Already in 2018 we’ve opened offices in France and Australia, with another to follow soon in Germany. Our strategic partnerships with market-leading platforms such as Zuora, Xero and Chargebee have been critical to our global success and have allowed us to work with a huge range of organisations: small gyms and scout groups use us to reduce admin; fast growing companies like Funding Circle use us to power their growth; established institutions like The Guardian use us to dramatically reduce failure rates.
Our HQ is in London and we’re backed by some of the world’s leading investors including Balderton Capital, Accel Partners, Notion Capital, Passion Capital and Y Combinator.
*The Business Operations & Strategy team*
The mission of the Business Operations and Strategy team is to help GoCardless make high-quality decisions and to translate these decisions into action. We are a small team and report directly into the CEO.
As a team, our work is project-based and wide-ranging. Recent priorities have included designing and implementing a customer segmentation, forecasting Revenue and developing a new organisation design. In each case, the team has owned the analysis and then worked closely with key stakeholders (CEO & Management) both to form recommendations and to determine how best to implement them.
In some instances, the team also takes direct responsibility for delivering cross-functional programmes, by ensuring that these programmes get into implementation and guiding them to fast and pragmatic execution.
The Business Operations and Strategy team is based in our London HQ.
As a Senior Project Manager, you will report into the Director of Business Operations and Strategy, working closely also with the CEO, CPTO and other members of the Exec team to deliver some of GoCardless’ most critical transformation programmes.
On a day-to-day basis, this will include:
* Scoping programmes, defining workstreams and identifying the right owners for each
* Creating programme plans, with detailed timelines and deliverables
* Establishing resourcing requirements (including budgets, sequencing and headcount)
* Identifying dependencies and adjust sequencing of activities to mitigate against them
* Establishing programme governance, including meeting cadence and stakeholders
* Coordinating between different stakeholders and facilitating knowledge sharing
* Delivering accurate reporting of programme status (including KPIs), resolving issues independently where possible and escalating on a timely basis where it is not
*Creating transparency about programme status through proactive communication with stakeholders across the business
*Analysing risks and maintaining a risk register on individual programmes
*You should apply if:*
* You have prior experience of delivering programmes, ideally in a transformation office (knowledge of Lean or Six * Sigma would be a plus, but is not a prerequisite)
* You are comfortable working with programme management software
* You have excellent attention to detail, but are also able to maintain an overall perspective on programme status
* You are a structured thinker and able to distil and simplify complex problems
* You have high confidence, but low ego: able to be assertive and robust in your own judgement but also flexible and responsive to suggestion
* You are a strong team player and are comfortable collaborating with senior stakeholders across a global organisation
* You have strong written and verbal communication skills
* You have strong analytical skills
Our team come from a variety of backgrounds and we welcome diversity – if you're unsure, please apply.