at Tessian in London
(₤22000 - ₤28000 per year)
Talent at Tessian
We have an amazing opportunity for a bright and organised school leaver to join our Talent team! Talent at Tessian work to find and engage with our future employees and bring amazing people into the fold!
Nothing is more important to Tessian’s future than the people joining our team, and this role is critical to ensuring that we find and recruit the very best. As our team expands, we need a scalable hiring procedure and this role will be focused on helping to deliver that process.
This role will involve managing and owning our applicant tracking system, Lever, and ensuring that coordination of the candidate experience is seamless for all stakeholders. You’ll be critical in ensuring we’re on-track with all our internal hiring processes, liaising both with candidates and hiring managers to keep our recruitment pipelines moving forwards. You’ll also be more involved over time in screening future applicants.
Within 12 months, you’ll have the option to start taking on roles of your own to manage end-to-end, learning from our experienced recruitment team how to source, screen, and cultivate our candidates, and build both fantastic candidate experiences and bolster our employer brand.
No specific experience required!
Things you’ll be doing from day one include:
- Maintaining our recruitment automation and internal processes regarding open listings
- Coordinating Interviews
- Interview set-up; meeting & greeting candidates and preparing interviews for Hiring Managers
- Owning the stage-monitoring our role pipelines, and doing regular checks to ensure our Applicant Tracking System is fully up to date, updating stages where needed, and communicating with candidates and Hiring Managers when applications are stuck awaiting scheduling, feedback, or review
- Listing our job advertisements on regular schedules
- Preparing data on applicant numbers and rates of conversion at the stages of the interview pipeline, and feeding this back to the Talent Managers & Hiring Managers
- Preparing reports for the CFO & liaising with the On-boarding teams with regards to new joiners and payroll
- Helping to coordinate recruitment events, preparing and ordering collateral and organising logistics
- Making bookings for candidate travel, as required
Things you’ll get involved in over time:
- CV screenings
- Helping refine our standard formats for interview processes, with regards to stages, interview kits, etc
- Helping keep our Talent marketing fresh, maintaining our Instagram and Glassdoor presence, amongst other things.
- Improving our processes wherever we can!
- Attending recruitment events
- By the end of your first year, if you’d like to progress into Talent Acquisition, we’d expect you to be able to start taking on some of our more junior roles to manage the recruitment process end-to-end, learning about candidate sourcing, screening over the phone and in person, and managing internal stakeholder relationships.
We’d love to meet someone who
- Has completed, or is about to complete secondary school/college
- Is super-organised
- Loves creating great outcomes for people
- Is interested in creating fantastic and efficient processes
- Loves learning-by-doing
- Is an eloquent communicator, in writing and in person
- Wants to start and build a career at an amazing fast-growth startup
Why we think you’ll love it here
- You’ll work alongside amazing, high-performing colleagues
- We offer a competitive salary and equity options with every role, with annual salary reviews.
- Everyone gets 25 days of paid annual leave (33 days including bank holidays)
- Company contributions are made towards your pension
- You’ll get a high quality MacOS tech kit to work on
- One week of remote working from abroad per year
- We have regular communal company lunches, and regular team socials and activities
- Fully stocked kitchen with plenty of office snacks including fruit, nuts, bread, cereals, and amazing coffee
- We offer a cycle to work scheme, eye-care vouchers and childcare vouchers
- Parents and carers are guaranteed one day per week of work-from-home, and we’ll give you an extra day of annual leave to take your child to their first day of nursery and primary school.
- If you’re coming from abroad, we’ll provide relocation assistance. Over 25% of the company is international and we’re always as supportive as we can be in helping people make the move
Tessian is a Sequoia backed SaaS technology company. Our mission is to keep the world’s most sensitive data and systems private and secure, so we’re building the world’s first Human Layer Security (HLS) platform.
We’re a team of mathematicians, data scientists & engineers building breakthrough machine learning and natural language technology to analyse, understand & protect enterprise email networks.
We’ve recently raised $42m in Series B funding led by Sequoia . Sequoia partner Matt Miller is joining the board. In 2018 our venture backed business grew 400% and our team expanded from 13 to 120 people; we have ambitious growth plans for the next year, spanning all areas including our product offerings and our sales & marketing divisions. We’re excited about where this next phase of our growth will take us – we hope you are too, so we encourage you to apply today to be part of the next leg of the Tessian journey.
We’re backed by world-leading venture capital funds who’ve invested in companies like Facebook, Slack, Dropbox, Improbable & Transferwise & we’ve been named on the prestigious Forbes 30 Under 30 list, crowned the “Best Security Startup” by WIRED magazine, and awarded “Best Innovation in Data Protection & Privacy” by CogX.
Equality & diversity
Tessian is an equal opportunity employer, committed to equality and diversity amongst both our employees and prospective applicants. The Human Layer we’re securing is diverse, and we know we need to be diverse and inclusive to successfully create HLS that reflects this.
As part of our commitment to equality and diversity, we’re also a corporate member of the WISE Campaign for gender equality in STEM, our CFO is the Chair of the WISE Campaign’s Young Professionals’ Board, & we’re a founding member of the WEDS network driving diversity & inclusion in startups.
Please note that we do not accept applications or résumés from recruiters.
Please note, that any job offers will be subject to the candidate passing background screening checks.
New Jobs Alert created!
By creating this alert, you agree to ourT&Cs
and Cookie Use.
Recent jobs at Tessian
- Business Development Manager at Tessian in London 10-01-2017
- People Partner at Tessian in London 06-05-2019