at Tessian in London
(₤35000 - ₤65000 per year)
People at Tessian
At Tessian, we believe our people are our single most important asset, so we’re looking for a People Partner to curate amazing employee experiences at Tessian.
You’ll help shape and deliver an incredible employee lifecycle, from offer, on-boarding, appraisals, benefits, and social activities, right through to off-boarding and alumni contact. You’ll work to make Tessian the best possible place to develop a career, striving to ensure our culture, package, feedback and development opportunities help people thrive at every step of their Tessian journey.
In this role, you’ll be a key stakeholder in achieving our shared ambitions and growth, liaising with all areas of the business to realise our goals and values. Your driver will be to empower and support every team member to achieve brilliance, and ensure Tessian continues to be worthy of the passion and dedication each employee brings to the office.
Whilst championing our culture and values, you’ll be a critical collaborator with Tessian’s Talent team, providing guidance to help ensure our commitment to amazing employee experiences starts long before a person’s join date, and help define and deliver our development processes so that the benefits of a Tessian career long outlive an employee’s last day.
You’ll be comfortable working at an operational level as well as setting up processes from scratch, being employees’ first point of contact for enquiries and advice, and you’ll be a self-starter, willing to research and iterate new ideas.
We’d love to meet someone who
- Has experience in HR/People roles, ideally with some tech industry experience
- Believes in the true value good HR & People functions can create
- Is passionate about driving employee engagement and happiness
- Is highly organised, able to follow-up and prioritise whilst managing multiple work-streams
- Believes the job is never finished, and constantly thinks about ways to iterate and improve
- Sweats the details whilst also being able to step back and see the big picture
- Demonstrates innate people-intelligence with high EQ and communication skills, and has a deep understanding of how to influence buy-in to processes and initiatives
- Is empathetic and great at relationship-building
- Is a creative problem-solver, able to analyse data, and brainstorm, evaluate and test novel, scalable solutions
Why we think you’ll love it here
- You’ll work alongside amazing, high-performing colleagues
- We offer a competitive salary (dependent on experience) and equity options with every role, with annual salary reviews.
- Everyone gets 25 days of paid annual leave (33 days including bank holidays)
- Company contributions are made towards your pension
- You’ll get a high quality MacOS tech kit to work on
- One week of remote working from abroad per year
- We have regular communal company lunches, and regular team socials and activities
- Fully stocked kitchen with plenty of office snacks including fruit, nuts, bread, cereals, and amazing coffee
- We offer a cycle to work scheme, eye-care vouchers and childcare vouchers
- Parents and carers are guaranteed one day per week of work-from-home, and we’ll give you an extra day of annual leave to take your child to their first day of nursery and primary school.
- If you’re coming from abroad, we’ll provide relocation assistance. Over 25% of the company is international and we’re always as supportive as we can be in helping people make the move
Tessian is a Sequoia backed SaaS technology company. Our mission is to keep the world’s most sensitive data and systems private and secure, so we’re building the world’s first Human Layer Security (HLS) platform.
We’re a team of mathematicians, data scientists & engineers building breakthrough machine learning and natural language technology to analyse, understand & protect enterprise email networks.
We’ve recently raised $42m in Series B funding led by Sequoia . Sequoia partner Matt Miller is joining the board. In 2018 our venture backed business grew 400% and our team expanded from 13 to 120 people; we have ambitious growth plans for the next year, spanning all areas including our product offerings and our sales & marketing divisions. We’re excited about where this next phase of our growth will take us – we hope you are too, so we encourage you to apply today to be part of the next leg of the Tessian journey.
We’re backed by world-leading venture capital funds who’ve invested in companies like Facebook, Slack, Dropbox, Improbable & Transferwise & we’ve been named on the prestigious Forbes 30 Under 30 list, crowned the “Best Security Startup” by WIRED magazine, and awarded “Best Innovation in Data Protection & Privacy” by CogX.
Equality & diversity
Tessian is an equal opportunity employer, committed to equality and diversity amongst both our employees and prospective applicants. The Human Layer we’re securing is diverse, and we know we need to be diverse and inclusive to successfully create HLS that reflects this.
As part of our commitment to equality and diversity, we’re also a corporate member of the WISE Campaign for gender equality in STEM, our CFO is the Chair of the WISE Campaign’s Young Professionals’ Board, & we’re a founding member of the WEDS network driving diversity & inclusion in startups.
Please note that we do not accept applications or résumés from recruiters.
Please note, that any job offers will be subject to the candidate passing background screening checks.
New Jobs Alert created!
By creating this alert, you agree to ourT&Cs
and Cookie Use.
Recent jobs at Tessian
- Business Development Manager at Tessian in London 10-01-2017
- Recruitment Coordinator at Tessian in London 06-05-2019