Company: Real Links
Job title: Senior Business Development Manager
Responsible to: CEO
Salary: £40,000-£50,000 (plus commission and share options)
About Real Links
Real Links is a VC backed innovative SaaS web employee referral platform which transforms recruitment for companies by leveraging the power of employee referrals.
The platform is a game changer for businesses as, while employee referrals are 3-4x more likely to be hired and have a 39% better retention rate, generally less than 10% of annual hires come through referrals.
Real Links significantly boosts employee referral hires by syncing with employees’ social and professional networks, matching their connections to jobs and making referral recommendations. We also use gamification (i.e. a referee leaderboard and prizes) to keep employees engaged. Importantly, the platform supports diversity by being name, ethnicity, nationality and gender blind to remove any unconscious bias.
This is an exciting time to join the Real Links team as we have recently secured investment and we are looking for a Senior Business Development Manager to help us drive the business into its next phase of growth.
The Senior Business Development Manager will play a key role in helping us to realise our vision of becoming the indispensable way to hire great teams and build successful companies.
The ideal candidate for this role has a proven track record in B2B SaaS sales in the HR space. You’ll be an ambitious and driven individual who is looking for an opportunity to join a well-funded company at an early stage to help us achieve exponential growth.
Following our recent investment, we are now building out a lead gen team and marketing function so your role will become more focused on navigating and closing high value deals. In the short to medium term while we build out those functions, it’s important that you’re happy working on deals from lead generation through to close with our existing 360 sales team.
This role presents a fantastic opportunity to develop and take on more responsibility as the business scales.
• Work closely with the CEO on the end to end sales process, helping to develop the sales strategy.
• Building and managing a sales pipeline on your own.
• Presenting our product to senior HR executives in client meetings.
• Navigating through sales cycles and negotiating and closing deals with some of the most prestigious global companies.
• Being able to anticipate and successfully handle prospect objections throughout the sales cycle.
• Proactively sourcing new leads and new business opportunities.
• Exceed KPIs and report on sales activity and revenue targets.
• Researching leads to understand their needs, enabling effective follow ups to generate interest.
• Collaborating with team members to find strategic ways to win business and provide ad-hoc support to the rest of the sales team.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in B2B SaaS sales, ideally in the HR space but not essential.
• You live and breathe sales, and love to keep up to date with the trends and methods.
• You’re able to work within a team and deliver to a plan and hit deadlines, but you are also a self-starter and able to come up with and execute your own ideas.
• Proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales KPIs (from lead generation to revenue targets).
• You’re a closer and have demonstrable evidence of winning big deals for your previous employer(s) via your sales prowess.
• You’re excellent on the phone and in meeting to push leads forward in the pipeline to closing stage.
• You’re great at networking at conferences to generate leads for your pipeline.
• You’re proactive, ambitious and commercially orientated.
• You have strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Attention to detail in all aspects of work.
• Good communication skills and a team player.
• You have experience using a CRM to manage your pipeline.
What you’ll get:
• A competitive salary.
• Share options.
• Great working hours.
• Company pension.
• Great opportunity for personal growth as we scale the business.
• Frequent company lunches and team events.
• Ability to work under your own autonomy with exposure to all aspects of the business.
• The opportunity to work for a fast-growth, exciting and evolving company.