- Who we are and what we do:
Cypher is an ambitious and friendly growing company based in West London/White City. Established three years ago, Cypher has achieved many of the milestones of a start up company.
Cypher inspires children to learn the language of the future through creativity and coding camps and after school clubs - camps are held during all school holidays for ages 5-12+. The clubs and camps inspire children to learn coding and the foundations of computational thinking by igniting their curiosity and imagination in hands-on creative projects. Different themes each day help our students get a positive approach to technology and develop their own skills in problem solving, collaboration, empathy and communications.
Cypher’s revenue has grown 330 percent in two years, with global plans to franchise the business in the US and Middle East and licence content. Cypher won the 2017 Small Business Grants and was selected for the NatWest Accelerator programme. It has grown from three to over 30 part-time teachers since its inception and has hosted over 1,000 children in its coding camps and clubs.
We are in the midst of transitioning from start-up to scale-up. We are looking for an organised person to join us as our Customer Success and Events Manager. In this role you will work with all stakeholders to ensure every camp and club is well managed. You will be the first point of contact for our venues and our pool of teachers for both camps and clubs to ensure roles are understood and staffed appropriately so that events run smoothly. The primary role is to organise and coordinate administration duties as well as be the first point of contact with customers and our coding clubs. Specific responsibilities include:
- In this role you will be responsible for coordinating, scheduling and managing our contractor teachers. This would include interviewing, coordinating induction and training, completion of DBS, contracts, safeguarding and ongoing scheduling of teachers - essentially being the first point for our teachers during Clubs and Camps
- Trouble shooting
- You will work with the COO to manage all our schools and venues to ensure onboarding and day-to-day Club and Camp management runs smoothly
- Ensure equipment gets to venues smoothly for all our Clubs, Camps and Curriculum programmes
- Self invoicing our venues after every camp
- Trouble shooting
- Managing all Camp and Club bookings
- Creating logins and name badges for all students
- Answering queries via phone and email
- Managing operational and administrative functions to ensure efficient delivery
- You will be working in a start-up environment where you will be required to get stuck in and not always work to the 9-5pm time constraints
- Ensuring the smooth delivery of our marketing specifically for our partner schools
- Qualifications and Skills:
Previous experience within the Customer Success/Events realm would be an advantage, but not necessary, as well as the following desirable skills:
- Experience with teaching in a classroom or holiday camp environment
- Stakeholder management
- Event management experience
- People management
- Experience with CRM systems
Cypher was born from founder Elizabeth Tweedale’s vast knowledge and experience in the coding space. Elizabeth has taught coding to children of all ages for the past 5 years in London. She has written and co-written 6 books, her most recent focusing on teaching children Python, using real world career examples. Elizabeth is a working mother of three, with a Computer Science degree and Masters in Architecture. Previously she was a computational design specialist at several leading architectural offices including Foster + Partners. She and her team are passionate about unlocking the code to the future for the next generation and creating a world where children can explore their unlimited appetite and curiosity, by giving them the tools to open doors and tackle whatever our fast paced future brings.
If you enjoy a challenge and want to shape a growing company’s direction please submit your application along with a cover letter.