Operations Analyst at Koru Kids
£9.00 per hour
About Koru Kids
Koru Kids is building the world’s best childcare service, starting in London. We’re making it easier and more affordable for families to access high quality childcare. We’re growing like crazy, are backed by fantastic investors, including top venture capitalists and business angels, and have won a bunch of awards.
About the team
We have an informal, hard-working and kind team culture. We’re all passionate about our mission and are determined to create a truly fantastic childcare service to help working parents. Our culture is friendly and fast paced – we are constantly challenging, testing and adapting the way we do things. We’re also really committed to working with integrity, doing the right thing and building a company we are truly proud of. We’re growing super fast but we also want to make sure that we are building a company on really solid foundations.
About the role
We are growing really fast, and we need someone to come and join our ‘matching’ team. This is the heart of the business, where the magic happens!
You’ll be responsible for creating happy outcomes every day for parents and nannies, by matching them up so that the nannies can look after the kids. Most of your day will be spent analysing our existing sets of nannies and matching them to the right parents. You’ll have freedom to reflect, analyse, experiment, innovate and improve the way we do things. We’ll welcome your ideas.
Your working hours will be flexible - but ideally at least 20 hours a week. If you wanted, it could be significantly more. You’ll need to start working with us in our office near Old Street. You’ll get all the training and support you need to do the job really well. Then, once you’re trained up, it’s totally fine to work from home as well. You’ll be a crucial part of the team, and have our trust that you can do a great job!
Start date is mid July, and you must available to work until at least the end of September 2019 (ideally into the next academic year, too!).
We’re after an all-rounder who is clever, practical, positive and nice. We don’t mind what degree you’re doing, as long as you’re doing well in it. We’ll also be looking for evidence of drive, aspiration, spark and enthusiasm in the extracurricular stuff you’ve done. You must be eligible to work full time in the UK.
• You’re detail-oriented. You’ll be working in a complex system, and the details must be 100% correct
• You love working with numbers and problem solving. We love people who love analysis.
• You’re able to write clearly, simply and accurately
• You’re comfortable speaking to new people, both in person and on the phone
• You can work at a fast pace and under pressure
• You’re emotionally intelligent. Although you’ll like to talk, the most important thing you’ll do is listen. Choosing childcare is an emotional decision, and you’ll need to help parents through the process
• You’re a problem-solver. As we are a young company, there aren’t many fixed processes yet. That means you can create new processes, make suggestions, and tell us we’re doing things wrong
• You roll with it. You understand that startups are unpredictable environments. You are comfortable with a degree of chaos
• You’re nice. You get that no player is bigger than the team. You fit right into our culture of supporting and helping each other, whilst improving childcare in London.
If this sounds like a great opportunity to you, then please send over your CV and a short cover note (that includes details of your availability for the role).