Senior Software Engineer
at Astroscreen in London
At Astroscreen we use machine learning and disinformation analysts to detect social media manipulation and disinformation. We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our growing team.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for architecting and building the infrastructure that Astroscreen will be built on. You’ll have product ownership of our platform and will work with our machine learning engineers and data scientists to deploy their prototypes into our disinformation detection platform.
- Data collection from multiple social media platforms and forums (web scraping, social network APIs, proxying).
- Data warehousing of the collected information, with emphasis on speed and accessibility for our disinformation analysts.
- Setup and deployment of web services (AWS).
- Create web applications for the identification and analysis of the disinformation attacks.
- Contribute to our product management processes.
- Contribute to our recruitment efforts.
- You have proficiency with Python and web technologies, such as Django, Flask, angular.js (or equivalent) and bootstrap.
- You are already experienced in building web applications and APIs and have worked in projects that showcase your skills.
- You have a startup mentality, and enjoy getting your hands dirty with tasks outside the scope of your role or experience.
- You have practice with social media platforms and are active on social networks.
- You have experience working with ML engineers and Data Scientists.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
New Jobs Alert created!
By creating this alert, you agree to ourT&Cs
and Cookie Use.