Join an online revolution to reduce teacher workload whilst increasing student performance at secondary school level!
Get My Grades is a hard-working, driven team of developers and educators who have been working together to design the ultimate educational platform. We are passionate about using our experience in education and the latest technology together to reduce teacher workload and enhance students’ online learning experience. Now that we have succeeded in launching our platform to students, parents, tutors, and teachers, we are looking to expand our core team so that together, we can continue improving the fantastic service we offer to our clients worldwide. Read more about what it is like to work for Get My Grades here: https://www.getmygrades.co.uk/aboutus/careers/
We're looking for a Senior QA to take the lead on setting the foundations of automated testing and join our growing development team as we scale up our operations. Our current technologies are VueJS (frontend), Laravel PHP (backend) and AWS. You will be responsible for:
* Setting up the end-to-end test framework with an ambitious agile/scrum development team.
* Working together with our current manual tester, Bryden, to proactively identify bugs using automation tests.
* Implementing an excellent test pipeline, including smoke testing, API testing, regression testing, integration testing etc.
* Be a committed Get My Grades ambassador and a member of our team that learns and grows together, embracing diversity and extreme intellectual curiosity.
Desired Skills and Experience:
* QA Automation Engineer / Automation Test Engineer / Engineer in Test with demonstrable experience in setting up QA testing strategy as well as applying testing processes and techniques (manual and automation) in large scale software projects.
* Experience working with Frontend UIs using Selenium, Cucumber, Gherkin, Eggplant, Protractor, Mocha and/ or Chai.
* Proven expertise with database technologies like MongoDB and SQL performing various queries and/or updates for testing purposes.
* Experience with running tests on the cloud e.g. AWS
* You’re motivated and have great organisational and communication skills.
* You’re curious, and love to learn and try new technologies.
* You know your limits and how to work on a deadline.
* You work well in a test-driven, agile team.
* You are a problem-solver with an inquisitive and innovative mind.
* You are able to take on the new challenges ahead together with the growing business.
Our current stack:
Front End – VueJS
Back End – PHP (Laravel)
Server – AWS
Database – MYSQL data structure with Amazon Aurora
Analytics – Matomo
Landing Site – WordPress (currently, but looking to migrate)
CRM/Email Service – HubSpot
What You Get:
* Competitive Salary – Tell us what will make you happy and we will accommodate for the right candidate!
* Share options.
* Access to our Company Bonus Scheme.
* 25 days holiday plus 8 UK bank holidays.
* A ‘perks at work’ recognition package.
* Fresh fruit every day (or biscuits).
* A fully functional luxury tea and coffee machine, always at your service!
* An office based in central Woolwich, SE18.
How to apply
If you are interested in this opportunity please get in touch and email Sam with your CV and cover letter to HR. Please do not apply if you are looking for a remote role, or if you are a recruiter.
This role is full-time, 8:45-5:30pm, Monday-Friday based in our office.