Full stack PHP developer
at Zodiac Media in London
We’re looking for an enthusiastic Full Stack PHP Web Developer to join our friendly team.
About the role:
Zodiac Media primarily specializes in PHP website development covering front and back-end coding and server management. Being PHP focussed means that project work tends to be one of Drupal, WordPress, Magento, Symfony or Laravel. We also like to keep our skills up to date, so we’re not averse to trying out the latest in vogue technologies if our projects justify them. For example we’ve recently built a bespoke sales tool which incorporates Python based Machine Learning functionality. Our project work involves everything from small start-up companies to multinationals.
We feel we’re a great company to work for, but obviously we would say that, so here are a few reasons why you should choose to work with us:
- You’re not a cog in a machine! – Due to our small size developers here take on a lot more responsibility than they would in large agencies. Want to gain experience interacting with clients? – no problem, that would be a great help!
- Varied and interesting work that means you’re constantly learning – Your work will change frequently as we have about a dozen active client projects and developers move between them depending on availability. One week you could be coding a WordPress plugin, the next working on a bespoke eCommerce platform and then after that building an API for use in a mobile app.
- We have a relaxed and fun office vibe – Why shouldn’t the office be an enjoyable place to be? We have a permanent “dress down” clothing policy, a free barista style coffee machine, and regular “Board Game” lunches where we order in food from Deliveroo and play a random board game.
- An easier commute – We offer free breakfast for all staff, have shower and cycle facilities and by not being based right in the city the commute is lower stress. Our office is based about a 15 minute walk from Stockwell tube, which is on both the Victoria and Northern lines, so we’re easy to get to.
- Good work life balance – We work 9am to 5:30pm with a 1 hour lunch break. We feel 37.5 hours per week is more than enough time spent at work, so it’s very rare to find staff working late. We also offer 24 days of paid holiday per year.
Skills & Requirements:
As a start you should have a good knowledge of:
- Object Oriented PHP
- HTML & CSS (with knowledge of responsive techniques)
- Code repositories
- Excellent written and spoken English
Previous work with Sass, Vagrant or Docker, Gulp and Git would be a bonus.
You’ll have some web development experience, be that with a company or through your own projects, and should be confident enough to take on some responsibility in development projects. Knowledge of both front and back-end development is a must.
More important than any of the above is that you are intelligent, passionate about website development, and are always looking to learn and improve your skills.
You must also have the indefinite right to live and work in the UK and be able to work onsite at our office during normal working hours.
If you tick off all of the above then we’d be really excited to work with you.
To apply just submit an up to date CV via this site, including links to any code repositories you feel are a good example of your skills if you have them.
This advert was posted by our sister company Zodiac Recruitment, who manage our recruitment process for us. They’re the only agency we work with, they work for free for us, and we’re happy with their service so please save your time and ours by not cold calling us!
New Jobs Alert created!
By creating this alert, you agree to ourT&Cs
and Cookie Use.