Lead Front-end Developer
at Nodal Labs in London
(₤40000 - ₤80000 per year)
About Nodal Labs
We’re building a trust economy that changes the way people work and interact with each other. This includes the way people are valued, paid and the way their data is stored.
In the future, this will mean a totally honest representation of education and employment records.
We are a fully-automated platform which dramatically reduces time and money spent on recruitment, onboarding, payroll and management for both freelancers and employers.
The ideal candidate is an experienced Lead Frontend Developer who will be responsible for developing our apps, libraries and tools.
You are excited about technology, self-motivated and passionate about learning. You take an interest in why we do things, and you’re able to focus on delivering value for your team. You are a talented developer who aspires to be an expert in their chosen field and you have a strong interest in growing your skills in all web development disciplines.
Roles & Responsibilities
- To participate in sprint ceremonies such as standups, sprint planning and provide accurate estimations.
- To update the task planning system (Jira) with work progress.
- To support the testing team with any queries related to new functionality.
- Identify opportunities to clean up existing code, or refactor for performance and supportability.
- Ensure code coverage through latest tools / techniques
Essential Technical Skills
- Web technologies including HTML5 and responsive CSS3
- Use of a CSS preprocessors such as and SASS, Stylus or LESS.
- Experience writing unit tests (ideally using Jest/Enzyme).
- Using and debugging REST APIs, including concepts such as CORS and authentication techniques.
- Experience debugging the quirks of different browsers (older IE, Mobile Safari), and on mobile devices.
- Source control and team workflow using Gitflow and github.com, including PRs, and peer code reviews.
- Working collaboratively in an agile environment including providing accurate development time estimates.
Desirable Technical Skills
- Web optimisation best practices such as JS/CSS minification/compression, image optimisation, lazy loading, chunk splitting etc.
- Selecting and integrating 3rd-party libraries.
- Working knowledge of the OS command line and a relevant scripting language (Bash, Perl, Python), or NodeJS scripting.
- Experience with Cordova or React Native.
- Experience or knowledge of any non-React web framework.
Working Hours Monday – Friday, 9.00am – 6.00pm;
Located close to Victoria Station
20 days’ holiday plus bank holidays;
Benefits scheme available after completing probation;
Sociable company with regular events throughout the year;
Highly welcoming and staff friendly environment;
Appointment is subject to a successful interview and satisfactory references.
New Jobs Alert created!
By creating this alert, you agree to ourT&Cs
and Cookie Use.
Recent jobs at Nodal Labs
- Senior Back End Developer at Nodal Labs in London 14-05-2019
- Senior Business Analyst / Product Manager at Nodal Labs in London 14-05-2019
- UI / UX Designer at Nodal Labs in London 16-05-2019