Syft is the UK’s leading online staffing platform disrupting the huge traditional temp sector; an industry which generates $500 billion annual revenues. We believe temporary workers deserve better pay, a more flexible approach to choosing shifts, and direct contact with employers. We are at the forefront of a very exciting space, with strong VC funding behind us, along with some well-known angel investors and we’re growing rapidly.
We have expanded to a team of 70 across London, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool & Birmingham. We are looking for an experienced UX/UI Designer to join our Product team and deliver amazing user experiences. You should have an eye for clean and artful design, possess superior UI skills and be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artefacts and transform them into beautiful, intuitive and functional user interfaces.
Syft is at an exciting stage of our journey as we’re experiencing rapid growth and if you want to see your efforts make an immediate impact, then this role is for you!
Responsibilities and Duties
• Take ownership of one of our mobile platforms (iOS, Android, Web) for our global products
• Deliver high-quality, inspired solutions to specific briefs, as well as “visual brainstorming” – providing quick designs and various solutions to broader briefs
• Be comfortable working across small tasks (such as increasing CTR on a particular screen) as well as working on the products key features
• Design all aspects of new innovative features to engage users, from the user interface to communications, to the back-end tools required to support the feature
• Improve existing features and functionality, back-end tools, emails and more
• Keep p to date with the latest guidelines and trends for mobile design
• Work in 1-week sprints, in a SCRUM/Kanban hybrid, to tight deadlines, as an integral part of the development process
• Work collaboratively with the design team – share your ideas and feedback on other designers’ work, as well as presenting your pixel perfect designs with confidence to the founders and developers
• Continuously think about how to improve the user experience across all our products
Qualifications and Skills
• Experience of designing mobile user interfaces, for native mobile apps is essential
• Experience of having worked through multiple product build and release cycles
• Experience of creating elegant solutions to complex user experience problems
• Strong visual design skills, evidenced by examples of where you’ve created perfect consumer products
• Expert-level skills using Sketch/Photoshop & Illustrator
• Experience in creating interactive prototypes (Principle, Invasion, Marvel, etc.)
• Experience creating navigation and page layout/templates, functional design, iconography, look and feel and style guides
• Strong typographic layout skills
• Self-motivated with an ability to hit deadlines and work independently
• Solid communication skills and team-working capability
• An excellent eye for detail
• Industry competitive salary packages
• Regular team building events, such as mini golf, or good old Friday after-work drinks
• Benefits such as free mobile phone insurance, discounts on gym membership, health insurance and plenty more!
You’ll fit right in at Syft if:
• You’re flexible – you’ll muck in and help with anything
• You’re proactive and always willing to learn
• You prefer a start-up environment because you want to have an impact and love being in a fast-paced company