Want to work with Robots and Food? We certainly do. Come and join a small and passionate team who are building robots for the restaurant and food industries and having a lot of fun along the way.
We’re a small and friendly team working across robotics, mechatronics, software and down into embedded systems.
In this role, you’ll be a key part of our software development team. You’ll be helping us create a complete system around our robotic machines. You’ll be responsible both for your modules as well as how they integrate up into the wider architecture. But don’t worry - even if you’re not directly working on robot control, we’ll still let you play with the robots.
We’re looking for someone who is excited by food, robots and software and is fascinated by what can happen when we mix them according to our secret recipe...
What problem will you be solving?
We’re building a large distributed system, which spans from the cloud all the way down to processing embedded into our dispensers and sensors.
You’ll be responsible for working on an area of this, which could vary from Back end software for scheduling and restaurant operations, robot control software all the way through to consumer-facing software interfaces, both in-restaurant and on the web.
What will you be doing?
You will be responsible for leading a team developing an areas (or areas) of Karakuri’s software stack, including:
• Back end software for scheduling and restaurant operations
• Robot control software
• Consumer-facing software interfaces (both in-restaurant, web and device)
• Integrating with 3rd party platforms and APIs (for example EPOS, Stock Management, Ordering etc)
• Data collection and analysis tools
• Ensuring effective communication with developers and 3rd party integrators outside Karakuri.
What we need you to have
• 5+ years of industry experience shipping products, preferably with exposure to robotics, IoT, Machine Learning, Embedded OS space or other buzzwords
• Bachelor’s Degree in a technical area (or equivalent work experience)
• Experience building end-to-end systems, from embedded software all the way through to the cloud.
What we’d like you to be
• Inventive and out-of-box thinker, strong interpersonal skills.
• Strong experience of agile development flows
• Able to mentor and inspire teams
• Self-starter, and can work effectively in a global, distributed team.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
It would be a bonus if you have
• Familiarity with robotic software development environments.
• Embedded and cloud development capabilities.
• Application development experience in at least one higher level language (e.g. Python, TypeScript, Java, …).
• Experience with TDD processes and a strong sense for quality.
• Understanding of micro-services and decentralised systems
• Familiarity with IoT protocols and wireless technologies such as AMQP, BLE or WiFi.
• Experience developing and debugging connected applications utilising Real-Time Operating Systems (RTOS). Embedded Linux is a plus.
• App development on Android and iOS as part of a wider integrated framework
As well as being a fun place to work, we also offer a competitive salary and the following perks:
• Company Stock option scheme
• Bonus scheme
• Good contributory pension
• Vitality Health Insurance - giving you discounted gym membership plus many more rewards
• Most importantly, monthly social events!
• And you’ll get to play with our robots...