Want to work with Robots and Food? We certainly do. Come and join a small and passionate team who are building robots for the restaurant and food industries and having a lot of fun along the way.
We’re a small and friendly team working across robotics, mechatronics, software and down into embedded systems.
In this role, you’ll be a key part of our software development team. You’ll be helping us create a complete system around our robotic machines. You’ll be responsible both for your modules as well as how they integrate up into the wider architecture. But don’t worry - even if you’re not directly working on robot control, we’ll still let you play with the robots.
We’re looking for someone who is excited by food, robots and software and is fascinated by what can happen when we mix them according to our secret recipe...
What problem will you be solving?
We’re building a large distributed system, which spans from the cloud all the way down to processing embedded into our dispensers and sensors.
You’ll be responsible for working on an area of this, which could vary from Back end software for scheduling and restaurant operations, robot control software all the way through to consumer-facing software interfaces, both in-restaurant and on the web.
What will you be doing?
• Working on our distributed software systems to connect customers, robots and restaurants trough code.
• Contributing to our architecture and helping design new solutions
• Ensuring that everything we do is secure, robust and fits with our wider architecture
• Working effectively within the wider community of Karakuri’s customers, partners and 3rd Parties.
What we need you to have
• 2-5 years of industry experience shipping products, preferably in the robotics, IoT, Machine Learning or Embedded OS space
• Application development experience in at least one higher level language (e.g. Python, TypeScript, Java, …)
• Bachelor’s Degree in a technical area (or equivalent work experience)
• Experience building end-to-end systems, from embedded software to the cloud
• Be available to work in the UK (unfortunately we are not yet able to sponsor visas).
What we’d like you to be
• An inventive and out-of-box thinker, with strong interpersonal skills
• A self-starter, who can take charge of what needs doing and work effectively in a global, distributed team
• Able to work across disciplines, understanding requirements from both hardware and software teams as well as customer needs
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
It would be a bonus if you have
• Familiarity with robotic software development environments
• Embedded and cloud development capabilities
• Experience with TDD processes and a strong sense for quality
• Understanding of micro-services and decentralised systems
• Experience developing and debugging connected applications utilising Real-Time Operating Systems (RTOS). Embedded Linux is a plus.
As well as being a fun place to work, we also offer a competitive salary and the following perks:
• Company Stock option scheme
• Bonus scheme
• Good contributory pension
• Vitality Health Insurance - giving you discounted gym membership plus many more rewards
• Most importantly, monthly social events!
• And you’ll get to play with our robots...