Want to work with Robots and Food? We certainly do. Come and join a small and passionate team who are building robots for the restaurant and food industries and having a lot of fun along the way.
We’re a small and friendly team working across robotics, mechatronics, software and down into embedded systems.
In this role, you’ll be writing the code to run on the embedded elements of our distributed systems. These will control the individual subsystems, ensuring we can accurately create meals for customers. You’ll be responsible both for your subsystems as well as how they integrate up into the wider architecture. But don’t worry - we’ll still let you play with the robots.
We’re looking for someone who is excited by food, robots and technology and is fascinated by what can happen when we bring them together.
What problem will you be solving?
We’re building a large distributed system, with intelligence pushed to the edge of the network. We need someone to be responsible for the development of the processing for these nodes. You’ll be working with the electronic, process and mechanical designers working on these modules (dispensers, sensors etc) to specify the architecture and develop the software to run them. On the other side, you’ll be working with our software team to fit into our distributed architecture and partition problems between the center and the edge of our systems.
What will you be doing?
• Selecting the right platforms, operating systems and development environments for our embedded systems
• Leading development of our Sensor and Control stacks
• Ensuring that everything we do is secure, robust and fits with our wider architecture
• Working effectively within the wider community of Karakuri’s customers, partners and 3rd Parties.
What we need you to have
• 3-5 years of relevant industry experience building and shipping products, preferably in the robotics, IoT or Embedded device space
• A Bachelor’s Degree in a technical area (or equivalent work experience)
• Experience building end-to-end embedded / IoT systems, from embedded software to the cloud
• Strong programming skills
• Knowledge of modern Software Engineering principles
• Be available to work in the UK (unfortunately we are not yet able to sponsor visas).
What we’d like you to be
• An inventive and out-of-box thinker, with strong interpersonal skills
• A self-starter, who can take charge of what needs doing and work effectively in a global, distributed team
• Able to work across disciplines, understanding requirements from both hardware and software teams
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
It would be a bonus if you have
• Experience with TDD processes and a strong sense for quality
• Understanding of microservices and decentralised systems
• Familiarity with IoT protocols and wireless technologies such as BLE or WiFi
• Experience with RFID technologies.
As well as being a fun place to work, we also offer a competitive salary and the following perks:
• Competitive salary
• Stock options
• Bonus scheme
• Good contributory pension
• Health Insurance with Vitality - discounted gym membership plus many more rewards!
• Most importantly, monthly social events