We are a fast growing start-up committed to fostering an open and inclusive working environment whilst we develop novel products and have fun doing it. Join our team and help build the software, robotics and sensing systems to power the restaurants of the future.
You will join a team of engineers and designers focused on understanding the needs of kitchen and catering professionals as well as restaurant diners. You will be working in conjunction with our software, design and robotics teams to deliver market-ready solutions as part of a small and dynamic team.
Your role will be to concept and develop mechanical designs for robotic systems and follow them through to manufacture.
You will be part of the team designing and developing the hardware and manufacturing process for Karakuri’s machines:
• Design of mechanical elements for robotics, dispensing and sensing modules.
• Ensuring that the designs are manufacturable and will be robust in service in the rigorous environment of a commercial kitchen.
• Physical design and oversight of manufacturing of the physical structure of our machines.
• Ensuring the safety of our machines
• Interfacing to the teams working on Karakuri’s software stack, sensing and embedded electronics and roboticists.
Skills, experience, and qualifications:
• 3-5 years of industry experience designing and building production-ready machinery.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a technical area (or equivalent work experience).
• Experience in sourcing components and building manufacturing machines/production lines
Essential skills & experience:
• Inventive and out-of-box thinker, strong interpersonal skills.
• Self-starter and able to work effectively in a global, distributed team.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
• Proficiency in 3D CAD modelling, SolidWorks preferable. Demonstrable good abilities in modelling, assembly, and engineering drawing.
• Creation and Management of Bill of Materials to document proposed product changes.
• Experience designing for electrical components integration, able to model and size motors, drives etc.
Desirable skills & experience:
• Exposure to and experience of relevant manufacturing techniques is an advantage; Machining, Sheet Metal Fabrication, Injection Moulding
• Experience in hygiene-critical industries
• Practical experience securing CE and other safety certifications
• Experience with FEA.
• Competitive Salary
• Stock Option Scheme
• Bonus Scheme
• Health Insurance
• Life Insurance