We are a fast growing start-up committed to fostering an open and inclusive working environment whilst we develop novel products and have fun doing it. Join our team and help build the software, robotics and sensing systems to power the restaurants of the future.
You will join a team of engineers and designers focused on understanding the needs of kitchen and catering professionals as well as restaurant diners. You will be working in conjunction with our software, design and robotics teams to deliver market-ready solutions as part of a small and dynamic team.
Your role will be to work as part of this team developing novel develop machine architectures and food dispensing technologies.
You will be part of the team designing and developing the hardware and process engineering for Karakuri’s machines:
• Design of food dispensing technology, based on a variety of technologies.
• Physical design and oversight of manufacturing of the physical structure of our machines.
• Ensuring the safety of our machines
• Interfacing to the teams working on Karakuri’s wider software stack, especially working on machine vision and reinforcement learning.
Skills, experience, and qualifications:
• 3-5 years of industry experience designing and building food production machinery.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a technical area (or equivalent work experience).
• Experience putting in sourcing components and building manufacturing lines.
• Portfolio of experience in electro-mechanical design.
Essential skills & experience:
• Inventive and out-of-box thinker, strong interpersonal skills.
• Self-starter, and able to work effectively in a global, distributed team.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
• Proficiency in 3D CAD modelling, preferably SolidWorks, and programming software.
• Prototyping (using internal and external resources) and design validation.
• Creation and management of bills of materials to document proposed product changes.
• Experience designing for electrical component integration, able to specify motors, drives etc.
• Practical experience interfacing electrical system and panel building advantageous.
• Proven ability to manage third-party suppliers, ensuring design intentions are realised, manufacturable, and financially viable.
Desirable skills & experience:
• PLC and Motor controller programming
• CE and other safety certifications
• Experience with a wide variety of dispensing technologies: Linear Weighers, Conveyors, Piston Pumps, Peristaltic Pumps
• Competitive Salary
• Stock Option Scheme
• Bonus Scheme
• Health Insurance
• Life Insurance