Want to work with Robots and Food? We certainly do. Come and join a small and passionate team who are building robots for the restaurant and food industries and having a lot of fun along the way.
We’re a small and friendly team working across robotics, mechatronics, food dispensing, software and down into embedded systems.
In this role, you’ll be concepting and developing mechanical designs for robotic systems, and following them through to manufacture. This will include mechanisms for dispensing various food types, designs for pick and place systems, and structures for both human and robot interaction. You will be responsible for working with the team to concept, prototype, and design these systems for manufacture. But don’t worry - we’ll still let you play with the robots.
We’re looking for someone who is excited by food, robots and technology and is fascinated by what can happen when we bring them together.
What will you be doing?
In this role, you will be responsible for aspects of:
• Development of robotic systems and robot programming
• Integration of machine vision and development of novel control algorithms
• Gripper and manipulator design, including motion and force capture and feedback
• Applying reinforcement learning and other techniques to optimise the performance of our systems, whilst working with highly variable foodstuffs.
You will be working in a small and dynamic team with a high level of autonomy and ability to take ownership of projects. You will be required to:
• Take ownership and drive your area of the project
• Come up with innovative solutions to new and novel problems
• Integrate with other Product Design and Software teams to deliver coordinated solutions
• Deliver on time and within the overall project constraints.
What we need you to have
• 2-5 years of industry experience
• Bachelor’s degree in robotics or a related discipline, or equivalent hands-on experience
• Proven track record of working on complex projects
• Able to apply state of the art vision and control and learning techniques to real-world projects.
• Experienced in python / C++ programming
What we’d like you to have
• Artificial Intelligence;
• Computer vision
• Machine learning
• Experience with autonomous vehicles and navigation algorithms
• Experience designing custom grippers and manipulators
• Experience working in environments with multiple robots working cooperatively.
• Knowledge, experience, and troubleshooting with machine automation (design and programming)
• Able to create robot paths and develop robot programming
As well as being a fun place to work, we also offer a competitive salary and the following perks:
• Company Stock option scheme
• Bonus scheme
• Good contributory pension
• Vitality Health Insurance - giving you discounted gym membership plus many more rewards
• Most importantly, monthly social events!
• Health Insurance
• Life Insurance