Closing date for applications: 14th June 2019
At Zava we believe in giving people the power and confidence to treat the conditions society judges most. Every day we treat thousands of people across Europe who feel let down by the ‘old’ way of doing healthcare - phone calls, paper prescriptions, bureaucracy, waiting and worrying.
We’ve built an online medical platform that connects patients with doctors, pharmacies and test laboratories - providing safe, efficient care to over 2 million patients in 6 countries and counting.
We’re looking for a hybrid Senior UX/UI Designer to join a cross-functional team working alongside our hugely talent team of UX Designers and Researchers- to work on products used by our strategic partners.
What you’ll do:
• Lead design projects across the entire product lifecycle, working collaboratively in small, multidisciplinary team, cracking complex challenges in digital healthcare.
• You’ll define customer problems with: product owners, researchers, developers, and data analysts to create elegant and practical solutions to customer challenges.
• Build empathy with our customers through research in order to deeply understand them and their needs.
• With the guidance of our UX research team, you’ll also be responsible for planning, moderating and sharing your own research. Taking those insights into design, prototyping and testing cycles.
• Produce concepts and prototypes at multiple levels, knowing when to create pixel-perfect designs, and when to make simple sketches and prototypes.
• Contributes to a user-focused design culture by communicating user needs to the rest of the team, facilitating and directing regular design workshops, and continually pushing the business to focus on the customer.
• You have the chance to design products that positively impact people's lives by working on something meaningful, healthcare.
Who you are:
• Experienced designing for customer-focused companies.
• You are an incredible designer. You’ve shipped consumer services and understand what it takes to create amazing, consumer experiences.
• You are a highly self-organised and analytical thinker.
• You are experienced working in cross-functional teams.
• You approach design problems creatively using your toolbox of well-established methods and UX processes- whilst always looking out for new ways to improve.
• You have a people-focused mentality and lead the way in incorporating user feedback, behaviours and data to hone your designs. You are compassionate, empathetic and understanding of users at every turn.
• You’re a great communicator. You have the communication skills to tell compelling stories, continually collaborate, and facilitate workshops.
• Have positive attitude of 'how might we?' rather than 'it won't work because...'
• You have an online portfolio, or PDF that you can share with us. Applications without a portfolio are unlikely to be considered.
• You can easily talk about your previous work and the methods and design processes you used.
What's great about working here:
• Family friendly working environment.
• In a company with a culture of learning.
• A creative workplace, that aims to disrupt the status quo, looking for new ways to tackle some of the biggest health challenges.
• We bring our whole selves to work. We love working with people who bring their personality, their experience, and their uniqueness to the team.
• Respect of you and your commitment to being here. An inclusive working environment that is warm and inspiring.
• Very competitive salary, and bonus.
• Employee share options scheme.
• Flexible training allowance.
• 25 Days Leave + your birthday off.
• Lunch & learns - free lunch and interesting talks.
• Breakfast and snacks included.