In the last 3 years we have developed a growing reputation in the Strategy & Architecture market for delivering excellent outcomes and our highly relational approach. We now seek a PMO to work across a number of client programmes ensuring that the delivery of the programmes is to the highest standard.
We currently have a growing blue chip client base that includes with many more opportunities in the pipeline. We run a mixed model of fixed priced, outcome based consulting work, and T&M, currently using tried and tested associates. We have started to build and formalise the architecture back office, develop pragmatic methods and an Agile delivery approach. We have now reached the stage of the development where it requires someone with PMO experience to realize the vision that the Directors, Ben and Jeremy, have for the practice.
Role: PMO / Project Coordinator
• Provide governance of project baselines, programme performance, forecasts, and reported information through the management of effective control processes
• Provide independent challenge on programme performance, forecasts and the assessment of risks, opportunities and issues.
• Implement a programme of continuous improvement and innovation to eliminate inefficiencies and improve the quality of information provided to support project delivery
• Lead the planning, monitoring, control and reporting of all programme initiatives
• Ensure appropriate levels of monitoring are applied to all of the projects or workstreams, appropriate to the scale and scope of the work to enable the work to be managed effectively and efficiently.
• Deliver timely, accurate and sensitive programme controls information that facilitates a clear understanding of the performance of the projects / workstreams in relation to planned performance targets.
• Identify exceptions and variances to planned performance, facilitate appropriate management intervention in order to maintain planned performance, reduce and/or mitigate performance degradation.
• Co-ordination and production of reports to a defined reporting cycle at Project and Programme level and facilitating team participation in the programme review process.
• Analysis of trends within the programme and provision of feedback on areas of risk and opportunities.
• Ensure compliance to the programme controls framework and ensure consistency, coherence and adherence to planning, cost, RAID standards across the programme
• Provide advice, guidance and direction on the programme controls solution and reporting requirements Experience:
• Consulting Skills: Understands consulting practices and all of the corresponding elements that make up successful implementation projects.
• Project Management/Planning Skills: Skilled in standard Project Management Principles including Scope Management, Schedule Management, Cost Management, Issue Management, Risk Management, Quality Management, Communication Management and Contract Management.
• Methodology / Process: Must be process focused ensuring that approved methods, processes, procedures and tools are consistently followed and used.
• Organization Skills: Must possess excellent organizational and time management skills for conducting analysis and scoping activities across multiple prospects.
• Strong track-record of Coordinating Projects
• Proven track-record with projects, problem-solving and business analysis
• Proven ability to work in a fast pace and adverse environment.
• Comfort in interacting and presenting to executive leadership
• Strong verbal and presentation skills (position can be client-facing)
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and work with little guidance