We are looking for a Back End Developer to join our team in London. You will be one of the first employees and will get the chance to play a huge role in our growth, and in defining our strategy and culture. We value diversity and welcome applicants from any background - if you are unsure, please apply.
Working with some of the big names in retail in the UK and US, we are on a mission to help retailers understand their stores in greater detail than ever before, by using their existing CCTV cameras. Giving offline retailers the kind of data they are used to getting from their online stores, they can understand how to improve footfall, dwell-time and conversion-rates. We are a small team of PhDs and software engineers who just completed the Y-Combinator accelerator program in Silicon Valley. Check out our technology demo: https://youtu.be/Cl1cVO5tiuk and our website: https://auravision.ai
* Excellent knowledge of dynamic programming languages.
* Commercial experience in building APIs and microservices.
* Experience deploying and maintaining databases, both NoSQL and SQL, and using ORMs.
* Commercial experience structuring complex, inter-connected data.
* Great knowledge and commercial usage of NodeJS, and a willingness to work primarily with it.
* Good knowledge of the deployment cycle of a server side app, e.g. source control, CI, AWS etc.
* Experience working with large scale time series data
* Some knowledge of front end development, and React.
* Knowledge or previous use of another server side scripting language (e.g. Python).
* Proficient with underlying technologies like networking, Unix, etc.
* Previous experience working in a startup.
* Efficiently managing the data we store, maintaining existing databases, and proposing new methods to store and request our data.
* Developing microservices and APIs to support client facing apps, presenting data in the correct format and to the correct users.
* Drive performance, code quality, scalability, innovation, and security, across all parts of the codebase that you touch. You’ll be given the chance to introduce new methods, tools, libraries, and ways of thinking.
* Competitive salary and discretionary share options scheme.
* The opportunity to grow with the company and eventually lead a team.
* Spec your own computer equipment.
* Freedom to express and implement your ideas. We won’t limit you with red tape or hierarchy.
* A supportive environment working directly with the founders, all of whom are engineers.
* Flexible hours.
* 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays.
* A workplace pension scheme.