2nd Line Support Engineer
at Oakam in London
We are an online micro-lender helping underbanked, overlooked, consumers onto and up the credit ladder. Powered by the growing prevalence of the smartphone, we’re working to make consumer credit more inclusive and affordable for those who need it most.
In the UK alone we provide fair access to credit to 12m migrants and working poor; we have originated around half a million loans to 155,000 unique customers and provided funds of over £350 million to financially excluded communities.
Our app and our smart-phone based scoring model interpret and use alternative data in underwriting, risk management and customer engagement. We believe that technology should enhance customer service, offering a commitment to quality service, convenient access, and financial empowerment.
Our plan is to grow by 10x and expand to Sub-Saharan Africa over the next 2 years. Our core team has been carefully selected from top companies like Barclays, JP Morgan and Finastra to lead us to the next phase of growth. We are looking for a fantastic 2nd Line Support Engineer to assist us with the smooth running of various business systems, offering support and fixes along the way.
What you’ll be doing: Working closely with the Head of IT Operations, you will be:
- Undertaking fault diagnostics and troubleshooting
- Supporting with bespoke internal applications and common 3rd party software
- Analyse issues then research and design a range of short- and long-term solutions
- Ensuring that all documentation of processes and activities are up to date and appropriately stored
- Manage, maintain and hold responsibility for company equipment
Who you are:
- You will have superior problem-solving skills, with a clear communication style
- You will have exceptional administration knowledge of both OSX and Windows operating systems
- A complete understanding of actively managing directories
- Experience in networks, including; TCP, subnetting, DNS and firewalls
- You may have previous experience of Linux administration
New Jobs Alert created!
By creating this alert, you agree to ourT&Cs
and Cookie Use.
Recent jobs at Oakam
- Lead DevOps Engineer at Oakam in London 06-06-2019
- QA Engineer (Automation) at Oakam in London 07-06-2019
- 3rd Line Support Engineer at Oakam in London 07-06-2019