Klevio – Field Operative, Barcelona
Klevio is changing the way we think about access by creating a product that allows you to unlock your doors with your phone. After successfully launching in London we are expanding our horizons to Barcelona, and now need someone to lead the operational charge.
We are looking for a practical problem-solver to come on board to roll out our installation capability in Barcelona. After training in London, you will set up camp in Barcelona and begin to install Klevio for our local customers. You will quickly ramp up operational capacity by partnering with local locksmiths and contractors.
While this role is centred around practical work, this is no ordinary handyman job – we are constantly prototyping, experimenting and trying to expand our compatibility, so you will have to write the rulebook as you go.
We are looking for someone confident, practical and independent who can be the face of Klevio in the real world. Beyond the bread-and-butter installations, you will frequently be faced with new types of locks and intercom systems which we haven’t encountered before. We need someone with the skills and drive to dive in and understand how things work to get the job done. The things you learn in practical application will help broaden our knowledge base and inform our product design on a daily basis.
This job offers a rare mix of practical and intellectual work, so we’re looking for someone who is equally excited by playing with power tools and exposure to life in a technology start-up. There is no precise mould for the person we need – you could be a graduate, smart handyman, hobbyist, technologist or keen DIYer looking to put practical skills to work. If you think you have what it takes or would like to learn more, please drop us an email.
Role & Responsibilities
- 6 weeks of intensive training in the London ops team to get an in depth knowledge of the Klevio product and business
- Setting up an operational base in Barcelona - sourcing of suppliers, warehousing for stock, building relationships with local contractors
- Installing Klevio around Barcelona, which involves mounting devices, changing locks, installing and cabling electric strikes, replacing or integrating intercom handsets with Klevio
- Relentlessly problem solving – what has gone wrong with this hardware or software? How can we integrate Klevio with this new access system?
- Building our operational capability in Barcelona through hiring, contracting and outsourcing installation
- Working with our operations team to build the next version of our product by feeding back problems and ideas from the field to our office
- A proven self-starter with a drive to succeed in an entrepreneurial environment
- A keen interest in electronics, with a solid understanding of the basics and an ability to diagnose problems on the spot. Experience with intercoms and access systems is a bonus, but not required
- Confidence with general decorative work – e.g. change a lock, drill and fill holes, route cables
- Good people skills – you will often provide the first face-to-face interaction between Klevio and our customers, so we’re looking for someone who can represent us well
- Computer savvy – we are building a technology product and you will have to interact with many of our operational systems
- Fit – this is a physical role which will require carrying tools up and down staircases, so a degree of physical fitness is required
- A strong technical degree (science/engineering) or equivalent experience will be beneficial
- Spanish language skills preferable, but not essential
- This role is recommended for someone comfortable with an open-ended relocation to Barcelona. However, we would also consider offering this role on the basis of a 4-5 day commuting week, or a 3-6 month fixed relocation placement with a future role in London