*About the Role*
We are seeking a summer intern (the timing can be quite flexible to fit around other commitments) to join our Growth Team to help us continue scaling Koru Kids with a role that will see you working on exciting new projects, testing ideas, and building new parts of the business. You will operate across growth, marketing, operations, and customer service channels whilst working on these new opportunities for us. You’ll achieve this whilst remaining fully aware of the customer experience of the business ensuring we’re building the world’s best childcare service.
As a fast-moving business that is on a mission to change the way childcare works you will have a significant opportunity to contribute to and influence the direction of the business. As a fast-moving business though you’ll also need to be comfortable with a degree of chaos, and thrive working with ambiguity.
*You’ll need to prove your ability to:*
* Work independently from a brief, and reliably deliver results
* Produce thoughtful insights from data tables and turn them into innovative ideas
* Get stuck into new problems without clear paths to success
*Things you should enjoy doing:*
* Working through difficult problems without a clear answer
* Using data to inform decisions, using spreadsheets and writing formulas
* Getting experience in lots of different elements of the business
*Experience we'd love you to have (you should have about ⅔ of the below):*
* Entrepreneurial attitude and self-starting work approach
* Running digital marketing campaigns on Facebook or similar platforms
* Organising events
* Data minded and used to working with spreadsheets and formulas
* Speaking to customers, and occasionally phoning people
* Writing clearly, with excellent written English language
* Working to deadlines
* Being a promotional brand ambassador
* Using and understanding Google Analytics
* Setting and reporting on clear defined numerical goals
* Making simple wordpress pages and doing content updates
* Working in a fast paced environment like a startup or similar
* Writing marketing emails with best practice marketing principles
Based in a WeWork in Old Street, you get nice coffee machines, free yoga classes, and a secure bike room & showers.
As a proud equal opportunity employer we are supportive of flexible working patterns, and alternative working arrangements. We are committed to hiring candidates based on business needs, job requirements, and candidate qualifications, without regard to individual’s characteristics or backgrounds. Our offices are step-free, and have non-gendered bathrooms.
*About Koru Kids*
Koru Kids is on a mission to profoundly impact the wellbeing of a million families. We're building childcare technology in London, with which we train and provide after school nannies and nanny shares, via our marketplace, app and EdTech. The challenge is massive, but our team is crazy good. Join us and be part of something truly transformational.
*About the team*
We have an informal, hard-working and kind team culture. We’re all passionate about our mission and are determined to create a truly fantastic childcare service to help working parents. Our culture is friendly and fast paced – we are constantly challenging, testing and adapting the way we do things. We’re also really committed to working with integrity, doing the right thing and building a company we are truly proud of. We’re growing super fast but we also want to make sure that we are building a company on really solid foundations.
We take great care with who we hire and all team members are superbly talented and really nice. If you’re brilliant AND humble, you’ll fit right in.