Backend Engineer - Node, Typescript, GCP - London or Remote
at tiney.co in London
(₤40000 - ₤85000 per year)
At tiney.co we’re on a mission to unlock the potential of every child in early years childcare across the world. We are a new startup from an experienced founding team, including the founders of Teach First, graze.com and 383 Project, a digital customer experience and product studio. We’re building an early years community, digital platform & childcare marketplace and are looking for capable, creative engineers who are interested in helping us pursue our mission.
You should apply if:
- You’d enjoy being part of a small team solving unique problems in a sector that’s ripe for innovation
- You’re a systems-thinker who’s excited by the challenge of shaping an entirely new platform
- You’re comfortable in dealing with a degree of ambiguity and lots of moving parts
- You thrive in a collaborative start-up environment working with people from different industries and backgrounds
- You’d enjoy contributing to the wider business strategy beyond technology
- You have specific experience working with sensitive consumer data or with a particular focus on security
The role involves:
- Designing, building, and maintaining tiney’s APIs, services, and systems with a high level of focus on application security and data sensitivity
- Delivering new product features working with our other engineers and designers
- Debugging issues across multiple services and all levels of the stack
- Improving engineering standards, tooling, and processes
You could be:
- Working on the backend for a new mobile app feature
- Further developing the integration with our payment provider (Stripe)
- Improving our CI/CD pipeline and automated testing
- Making upgrades to our cloud infrastructure
Our tech stack
Our core tech stack is Node, Typescript, React, React Native and Google Cloud Platform – but your broad experience in software engineering is more important than of specific tools or libraries.
We’d like to find someone who is excited by technological advancements and comfortable getting up-to-speed with things quickly, while at the same time having enough experience and pragmatism to know when existing choices would be more suitable.
Working at tiney
We offer flexible working practices, whether to help you meet other commitments (a lot of the team have children!) or to help you strike a great work-life balance.
We’re based in Islington, North London but we’re open to remote working as long as you can travel to London occasionally (approximately once every 6 weeks is our current rhythm). We are currently only considering applicants who have a right to work in the UK.
We offer competitive salaries and options packages based on your skills and experience.
How to apply
Please email your CV / LinkedIn profile to email@example.com with ‘Backend Engineer’ in the subject line. No agencies please!
New Jobs Alert created!
By creating this alert, you agree to ourT&Cs
and Cookie Use.
Recent jobs at tiney.co
- Community Admnistrator at tiney.co in London 17-07-2019