Part-qualified Management Accountant
£30-32K plus study support for the right candidate
Central London location
We are MishiPay, a ground-breaking retail tech startup changing the way people shop by bringing the best of the online experience into physical stores. Our technology allows in-store shoppers to pick up a product, scan it with their phone, receive enriched product information, pay directly in the app and simply walk out once payment is complete. Find out more here: www.mishipay.com
We work with Europe’s largest retailers including Decathlon, MediaMarktSaturn, Direct Wines, Leroy Merlin and others. We are trying to build a lean and efficient Finance team and set up finance processes that will scale with a growing business. This role will mean that you’ll work closely with the CFO in doing so. You’ll be responsible for completing full sets of management accounts, maintaining accurate financial records of the Company’s transactions and reporting on the financial results. This role will be ever changing and will require the candidate to be flexible and open minded while being detail oriented and capable of setting up finance processes ground up.
We’d love to hear from you if you’re a talented, energetic end-to-end part-qualified Accountant, who wants a highly varied role within a growing retail technology business! You’ll have prepared full sets of Management Accounts, you'll understand and have analysed a P&L, and also covered all other aspects of book-keeping, including accounts payable and accounts receivable. You’ll have worked in a small, fast-moving business, ideally a startup, and have exposure to either Xero or Quickbooks.
- Managing the monthly closing process including month end journals, consolidation and preparing the monthly management accounts.
- Reviewing the records of the Indian subsidiary and liaising with their book keeper for intercompany reconciliations, budgets and payments.
- Tracking actual vs budget spending for all departments.
- Recording supplier invoices, managing supplier reconciliations and setting up payments.
- Reviewing employee expenses according to the Company’s expense policy.
- Raising customer invoices, recording and allocating receipts and doing regular credit control.
- Bank and credit card reconciliations
- Supporting the CFO in ad hoc financial analysis.
Skills and Experience
- Circa 2 years experience that includes preparing full monthly management accounts, variance analysis and other areas of bookkeeping.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced SME.
- Strog knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
- Experience in working with Xero or Quickbooks (essential).
- Excellent Excel skills including sum ifs, v look ups and pivot tables.
- A proactive, committed approach and you’ll be keen to learn.
- A detail-oriented mindset and an ability to meet tight deadlines through prioritising and multi-tasking.
You’ll work with an ambitious and inspirational multi-cultural team, based in our central London and Bangalore offices, who are redefining the retail industry globally. We offer a tight-knit, collaborative and exciting work environment, coupled with the opportunity to see the apps we develop live in action within some of the world’s largest retailers. We also offer a competitive remuneration package that includes KPI based bonuses.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
Please note that we have a direct hiring policy in place, we're not interested in hearing from recruitment agencies, so please don't send us an email!!!