We’re looking for a highly organised operations associate to join our team immediately and help provide an incredible ordering experience to our users. At Thread, we’re helping people to feel happier and more self-confident by making it easy to dress well. We do this using a combination of human stylists and powerful machine learning algorithms to recommend each guy the perfect things just for them—in their size, budget, and style—which they can then buy in one place.
Operations at Thread
Making it easy to dress well - and building a business around it - requires operational excellence. Our goal is to create a seamless end-to-end experience, from discovering the perfect item to having it delivered quickly and easily to a place of your choice.
Our operations team is critical to this goal, focused on providing our users with an amazing post-purchase experience. We’re looking for an outstanding ops associate with strong administrative skills to help us continue to improve. You will be an important part of this small, dynamic and friendly team. Your role will be fast paced and varied but you’ll execute tasks in a way that makes things seem effortless for our users. If you are highly organised, fast paced, reliable, resilient and keen, this role could be for you.
Your role will be split across two areas of responsibility. Firstly, you’ll be responsible for placing orders with our third party suppliers, making sure that the orders are accurate and sent before the appropriate cut-off time. Secondly, you’ll be the first point of contact for customers with queries about Thread. You’ll either investigate and resolve these queries, or escalate them to a senior team member where appropriate. After initial training sessions in our office in Aldgate, you’ll be able to work remotely most of the time. We might ask you to come to our office occasionally for training sessions. The role guarantees a minimum of 20 to 25 hours a week (spread across morning, day and evening shifts on weekdays and weekends), with frequent opportunities to pick up more hours on top of that. We’re happy to negotiate the hours and shift times in line with our requirements. We’re currently particularly keen for someone who has the flexibility to do a shift or two on weekends as well as shifts on weekdays.
We’re currently particularly keen for someone who has the flexibility to do a shift or two on weekends as well as day shifts on weekdays.
Your core responsibilities will include:
* First point of contact for our users - field all queries coming through to our support ticketing system and decide on the best pathway for each.
* Resolve queries and issues efficiently and to a high standard. Make sure our users come away feeling like they had a mindblowing customer experience.
* Contribute towards hitting our support response time and customer satisfaction targets.
* Own resolving tickets regarding fulfilment problems, technical issues, feedback and more.
* Identify and escalate issues to other teams within the company, including senior ops associates, styling, product and engineering.
* Advocate for users internally by passing on their feedback and pain-points to the wider team. * Ensure the smooth running of our “just in time” fulfilment process by placing orders with suppliers in line with cut-off times.
* Own hitting our buying cut-off targets, and contribute directly to our shipping time targets.
*Are you the one? You are, if you:*
* Possess a collaborative “whatever it takes” attitude; be someone who won’t give up until a problem is fixed and who’s not afraid to push and lead others to a resolution.
* Excel at finding ways to get around a problem; at times you won’t have the answer you need straight away and will need to think on your feet.
* Have superb attention to detail; nothing gets past you.
* Constantly think about how we can improve our processes; never be satisfied with a process that isn’t perfect.
* Have excellent organisational skills. You make great notes and leave a clear path for others to follow.
* Are known for being reliable to your core. Your friends and previous employers would describe you as totally dependable.
* Possess exceptional communication skills, being both professional and effective over email.
* Are comfortable working across different platforms and channels of communication. You don’t have to be a computer pro, but you’re confident jumping from the support dashboard to the buying page, from your email to a spreadsheet.
* This is a flexible role in which you’re welcome to work remotely for most of your hours.
* You’ll be working closely with the core ops team and will be involved in the smooth running of our support and buying shifts.
* You’ll get first-hand experience of the day to day workings of the operations team in a tech start-up.
* Competitive compensation: £10/hour, plus holiday and sick pay.
How to apply:
Email us with your CV and a cover letter, and we’ll be in touch!