Who we are:
Verisart is a VC funded digital certification platform applying blockchain technology to transform the arts and collectibles market. We believe in giving people the power to run real time verification of provenance and new ways to store and transfer value for the works they value. We’re building a decentralized title registry and exploring new types of ownership and methods of cultural participation. For more information, please visit https://verisart.com
What we’re looking for:
We’re looking for an exceptional CTO to lead the technical development, create a development culture of best practice, have a LEAN start-up mentality of moving fast and breaking things and passionate ‘can do-er’ to build out our team in Mayfair, London.
- Lead the architectural design & work closely with the CEO to align the platform’s development with the market need.
- Attract outstanding talent to join the team.
- Apply testing principles to improve product robustness and co-ordinate ongoing refactoring
and improvement of the codebase.
- Enjoy working within an agile methodology, driven by weekly sprints.
Above all, you’ll enjoy managing the entire tech team and be able to switch between the big picture demands and smaller issues whether it’s ensuring tickets are cleared properly, a clear branching strategy is followed, leading high level architecture discussions, taking responsibility for delivery on short, medium and long term road map goals or mentoring junior developers.
Minimum qualifications, experience and skills:
- Passionate about Verisart mission and transformative potential of blockchain technology.
- Commercial experience building and scaling a technology start up.
- Expertise in creating high performing teams with exceptional delivery track records.
- Appreciate that every team is different and all individuals within that team are different once
– LEAN, Scrum, Scrumban, Kanban etc. experience would all be advantageous
- Value mindset and delivery over excess process approach.
- Strong technical documentation track record
- Ability to explain technical requirements to non technical people and vice versa
- Clear and concise communication to instill best practice development ethos
- Passionate about TDD and unit testing
- Passionate about new technological developments within the industry
- Happy to speak at events and push Verisart further out into the open source tech
- Computer Science degree (but relevant experience and ability also just as valid)
Desired qualifications, experience and skills:
- Experience with Bitcoin Blockchain or creating Solidity smart contracts.
- Designing and maintaining RESTful APIs
- Designing databases and technical architecture
- Designing and implementing microservices architecture
- Experience with Heroku, AWS or Google Cloud
- Understanding of DevOps best practices and technologies. Expertise with Docker.
- Experience of founding a tech start-up, leading a tech start-up through multiple funding
rounds would be advantageous.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and stock options with opportunity to shape the use of blockchain technology for the art & collectibles market.
- Beautiful, bright workspace in Mayfair, London with good transport links.
- Immediate start date.