We are really excited to write this job description... we are looking for someone who wants to put their stamp on the world! We have ambitious plans for our content marketing: to own the thought-leadership piece in the frontline workforce sector (80% of the workforce). So we are looking for someone who can help create and execute a content marketing strategy that will get us there step by step.
Our content will be a key channel for acquiring and converting customers so as a Content Marketer, you will be able to combine a strategic mindset, technical SEO, and editorial prowess to create copy that delivers on the WOW factor. But while you have a passion for SEO and current trends, your obsession lies in writing for people, rather than machines and you champion brand storytelling, readability, usability and creativity in all your projects.
Do you love spotting hidden opportunities for growing organic traffic, and know all the latest algorithm changes? Do you have experience managing the production of infographics, webinars, and other multimedia content and think outside of the box when it comes to content? If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
Responsibilities will include:
- Become the voice of the brand and rewrite the website to make sure it reflects our product positioning.
- Keep the website up to date with new features and ensure our website content is just as useful as our product is.
- A key part of the role is product marketing so you should be comfortable working with Sales teams to write sales decks and other sales collateral and writing on behalf of senior staff members on contributor accounts.
- Ownership of the website and blog content performance and the editorial calendar.
- Working with the CEO, the Sales Team, and the Head of Marketing to build the content marketing strategy.
- Lead end-to-end content creation efforts e.g. ideation, creation, targeting, execution, measurement to deliver on the strategy and key KPIs (it’s a hands-on role).
- Advising on keyword strategy and identifying opportunities for optimisation.
- Analysing top performing pages and carrying out experiments to increase engagement.
- Create intelligent and compelling content across a variety of off-site platforms including social media, emails, eBooks, PR and more.
- You’re an enthusiastic storyteller with fantastic copy and content writing skills to a journalistic standard and a desire to expand technical writing skills to include enterprise SaaS products.
- A track record in growing organic website traffic, delivering results for high-competition keywords, and an editorial portfolio that speaks for itself.
- Good understanding of on-site SEO, experience advising on keyword strategy, putting together integrated content campaigns, and managing a content calendar.
- A good mixture of creative and analytical skills. Ambition, imagination, and initiative.
- 100% target oriented. You are hungry to understand the performance of your content and seek to scale and replicate successes.
- A ‘move fast and break things’ attitude. Ability to juggle multiple projects, meet deadlines, and jump in to help where needed.
- 3-5 years of solid content experience. Experience in technical writing about HR or software products is advantageous.
- Experience using HotJar, Ahrefs, SEMRush, Yoast, Market Muse, and similar SEO tools, as well as Canva is nice to have.
- A hands-on position, with a competitive compensation package and generous equity allocations with significant upside potential.
- Working in a company with a strong mission, and full of passion.
- Convenient central London location.
- Opportunity to create a brand from the ground-up and be part of something impactful, large-scale, and meaningful.
- Free choice of equipment, laptop, operating system, tools etc.
- Independence and influence with a high mandate level.
- Ability to learn and solve a variety of challenges, working in a supportive environment with smart people.
- All the usual start-up benefits; beer, fun and very few rules
About Blink (https://joinblink.com)
80% of workers globally (50% in the UK) don’t sit behind a desk or in an office. These workers are the backbone of the economy; the people we interact with every day in stores, on buses, cleaning our hospitals, delivering our parcels and maintaining our buildings. But these incredible people have the lowest job satisfaction, highest turnover, highest levels of disengagement and have been left behind and let down by the workplace digital revolution.
At Blink we use technology to enable and engage frontline workers. We reduce employee turnover by 26%, we double engagement rates and we deliver ROI in under 6 months. We significantly lower the cost of delivering frontline digital transformation.
We’ve built an employee ‘super-app’ that brings frontline workers into the fold with the tools, information and connections that make a difference. One app on their personal phones for communication, for e-payslips, for accident reporting... for everything. We remove the need for noticeboards, paper-based forms and transform the frontline into a digitally enabled superpower. We launched our app just 6 months ago and we’ve already signed up 40,000 people across 15 organisations. Usage is even higher than we expected, with 86% of frontline workers opening our app every day, on average 10 times a day.
Because we make employees' lives easier and better, there is no shortage of inspiring stories to tell! Our content is thought-provoking, clear and concise. We talk in plain language about meaningful problems with practical, grounded content. We build credibility via experience, with an accessible, conversational, action-orientated tone; in the tone you’d talk to a colleague you respect and value.
We enable CIOs and HR to deliver the employee experience transformation that their organisations are demanding, at a fraction of the cost of alternative solutions, with a better outcome too.
We’re Venture Capital backed, are our investors include some of the most famous entrepreneurs in the UK. We’re overwhelmed with opportunities, and we need to expand the team to enable our ambitious growth plans, both in the UK and internationally.