Our vision is a world with smarter trade
Our mission is to make our customers supply chain their competitive advantage.
We are a digital freight forwarder based in London. We create Supply Chain and Logistics products for a $200bn market managing the movement of goods and products from their creation all the way to their delivery to the end customer.
Our primary product, and what you’ll be spending most of your time on, is our digital freight forwarding platform. This gives our customers visibility into where their shipments are, and allows us to collaborate directly with them away from the morass of emails and spreadsheets.
We’re looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to support our team across product development, operations, sales and customer service.
At Zencargo, we bring a competitive advantage to our customers through collaboration and data.
You'll be responsible for executing our product-strategy:
- build rich interactions for a variety of personas involved with international trade
- contribute to our engineering craftsmanship principles establishing best practices
- contribute to the levelling-up of our team, junior and senior engineers alike
- finding a balance between exploring technology and delivering business value
- contribute to our event sourcing infrastructure
- contribute to our GraphQL API
- measuring success of our product portfolio
We’re building a collaboration platform to help our customers communicate with their supply chain. Our product provides amazing analytical data to help them make critical business decisions. Our operational efforts are best in class - we see our internal teams as customers just as important as our external clients
The team you’ll be joining
We were founded in 2017 and now there are approximately 70 of us. Our team come from all walks of life, and we welcome diverse voices and views to help us solve problems in the industry in a fresh way. Our founding team have wide ranging experience in the shipping and logistics industry, financial services, machine learning, and online platform businesses. Our Product and Engineering team have experience in international B2B marketplaces, disruptive communication platforms, running product development agencies and financial products. Our Operational and Commercial teams are experts in logistics, freight forwarding and growing a business. They are available to us as domain experts and we work very closely to ensure we’re building software that suits the needs of customers.
We live the mission - We can’t wait for the industry to change: we need to build the future our clients need
We keep our customers in control - Communication is the bedrock of global trade. Our role is to empower our customers through information & communication
We ship for our customers - Every decision we make is with our customer at its core. We constantly ask ourselves, ‘will our clients benefit from this?’
Better you + better me = better us - Our goal is to help you discover your professional vision and work together to fulfil your potential Culture is really important to us at Zencargo.
If these values chime with you, we’d love to meet you.
Required professional experience with the following technologies:
- Ruby on Rails
- AWS (S3, IAM, EC2)
- PostgreSQL and SQL
Would be great if you're curious about or familiar with
- Event Sourcing
- Domain Driven Design
- Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet
- Docker, ECS, EKS, Kubernetes
- ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana (ELK)
- Salary: £65,000 to £80,000
- Great internal comms, events, workshops and fun stuff for teams.
- Fast pace environment with lots of room for creative freedom.
- We bring it together with a great office culture and some awesome perks
- The once in a lifetime opportunity to change one of the biggest industries in the world
- You’ll work with an internationally diverse, sociable, dynamic team with a clear vision and strategy
- We offer flexible working, including parent friendly working hours, flexible hours, working from home days, a big portion of the team is fully remote
- Competitive salary and a pension scheme
- £1000 annual self development budget