Founded in London, in 2010, Glassworks is a fashion retailer known for its fresh style and exclusive designs. With three London stores, Glassworks is focused on maintaining a strong design aesthetic, warm stylish atmosphere in store and strong customer focus whilst pursuing additional channels for growth.
LOCATION / PROJECT DEADLINE / FEES
This is a one-off project. The duration, deadline, fee, and working location are to be agreed with the successful candidate. There is the possibility for a continued freelance relationship post project completion.
The Merchandise Planner & Allocator will be a dynamic, highly experienced merchandiser who will develop effective allocation and planning strategies to maximize the company’s profits across three physical stores and an ecommerce site (currently in development). You will work closely with the finance and product teams to ensure that the right amount of the right product appears in the right location at the right time. You will also advise on stock management processes including weekly reorders, stock transfers and end of season mark downs. This is a unique and exciting opportunity to craft a merchandise planning strategy from scratch for a fast-growing fashion retailer.
• Develop the pre-season planning strategy to accurately project product potential and life cycle including these three key plans:
1. Merchandise financial plan
2. Range plan
3. Assortment plan
• Develop the in-season merchandising and allocation strategy including these critical processes:
1. Weekly OTB
2. Stock transfers
3. Product consolidation
4. Product allocation
5. Pricing (promotional, price adjustments, mark-downs)
• Work closely with finance to ensure that all inventory forecasting ties in with company-wide goals and that weekly OTB is optimal and accurate
• Develop operational plans to ensure optimal merchandising and allocation execution and work with software experts to streamline and automate all processes
• Create templates to report:
1. Department KPIs
2. Effectiveness of strategic and promotional plans
3. Inventory-related opportunities and risks (e.g., key item plan) to business partners including design/production, buying/merchandising, sales, VM, marketing and finance
• A minimum of 7 years’ experience as a Merchandise Planner or Merchandiser, preferably in a multi-channel women’s fashion retailer
• You must have a proven ability to maximize gross margin and sharp mathematical and analytical skills
• Knowledge of production flow and operations
• Well-versed in planning and allocation systems advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel. You will also be required to use in-house POS and inventory planning systems