iwoca is breaking down the barriers that stop Europe’s 20 million small businesses from accessing finance. Traditional bank loans have slow application processes, inflexible terms and burdensome criteria. In contrast, we use cutting-edge technology to offer flexible access to credit with a five minute application process and a decision in hours.
Since 2012, we've lent over £800 million to over 30,000 businesses across Europe. Our customers include everything from cafés to car dealers, salons to solicitors. Along the way we have built a sophisticated technology platform, won numerous awards and grown a fun, and vibrant team.
However, we’re still near the start of our journey – our aim is to finance a million small businesses within a decade and so we need more smart, hands-on people to help us reach this goal.
Now we're looking for Credit Risk Analysts who can help us make even better lending decisions whilst supporting our rapid growth.
Our team of Credit Risk Analysts are responsible for making lending decisions for each of the small businesses that approach iwoca.
A typical day for you will include:
* Analysing credit data, financial statements and other data sources to determine the level of risk involved in lending.
* Conducting thorough due diligence to ensure affordability of credit in line with internal policy.
* Understanding and accurately capture the specific revenue and risk drivers for SMEs.
* Being responsible for making lending decisions independently.
* Being actively involved in improving the decision making framework, through developments to our systems and processes.
* Working closely with the Tech and Analytics team to improve systems and our scorecard to enable us to make better, faster and fairer decisions.
* Communicating effectively with our Onboarding and Account Management teams to ensure customer needs are met at all times.
We look for people that are smart, humble, motivated and who are always looking to improve. Ideally, you’ll have:
* Fluent German with a high level of written and spoken English (CEFR C2 level or similar). Should your German not be fluent but your English is, you can apply for the same role on the UK team.
* A good understanding of how businesses operate, including their main risk and revenue drivers.
* The ability to interpret financial statements to evaluate business performance.
* An analytical mindset with a practical approach to problem solving.
* Excellent communication skills. You will be in direct contact with applicants via phone and email to better understand their business.
* A confident and enthusiastic attitude that works well in a regularly changing and fast paced environment.
What’s life like as an iwocan?
We all enjoy:
* A lovely office in central London, right by Tottenham Court Road
* Two company retreats a year (in places like the French Alps or Spanish seaside)
* Pool, ping pong, foosball tables and tournaments and yoga
* An ever-growing number of clubs including climbing, chess, football and boxing
* Plenty of drinks and snacks in our office kitchen
* A paid volunteering day each year, for you to support your chosen charity
Just for you:
* Medical insurance from Vitality, including discounted gym membership
* Stock options
* Enhanced maternity and shared parental leave
* A workplace nursery tax benefit scheme
* 25 days holiday per year and an extra day off on your birthday
* Extra leave if you want to travel or study
* Special celebrations for anniversaries and long service including sabbatical
* Flexible working
* Cycle-to-work scheme
And to make sure we all keep learning, we offer:
* Tickets to tech conferences across Europe
* Company-wide talks with internal and external speakers
* A calendar of meetups we host at our office
* Access to learning platforms like Treehouse if you want to learn to code