Adzuna is a job search engine that lists every job, everywhere. From launch in the UK in 2011, we now have more than 11 million visitors a month and are busy conquering the world from our office in West London. Right now, we're seeking a Frontend Developer to join our world class tech team in helping millions of people find better, more fulfilling jobs.
Our engineering and product teams are pivotal to Adzuna's future. It's an exciting time as we scale our existing product offering and also innovate with new tools and user experiences that 'surprise and delight' our audience, like ValueMyCV, which we're really proud of. You'll mostly work on our 16 internationalised Adzuna websites, as well as the 'Find a job' portal that we run on behalf of the UK Government and also occasional WordPress sites for blogs and partnerships. You'll work closely with our business teams to dream up high impact projects for us to get stuck into. We're a place where your opinion counts and where we make things happen.
Based in our great Fulham office (or remotely) you will work with a smart team of back end, data science, product and front end specialists. We work on a mix of 'epic' and 'business as usual' requirements, and on projects across our portfolio, so no two days are the same. There is a huge scope of opportunity to play with and deploy new technologies where they fit the business need and can take us to the next level. You'll be creating engaging user experiences, with structured code that is fast, scalable, reliable and robust. Right now, we're spending lots of time around React and its ability for us to develop great UI's quickly and efficiently, whilst our DevOps team are designing our AWS cloud infrastructure and determining the best deployment practices for scalability and rapid iteration. It's a fun and fast moving environment. Join us!
We don't like to put people in boxes, but you're likely to be able to demonstrate much of the below:
- Minimum 3 years of experience of Front End development in a web development environment
- Ability to slice designs into pixel-perfect HTML prototypes using HTML5 and CSS3
Useful experience that it would be great to see, but is not essential:
- Web design - Ability to design user interfaces (both desktop and mobile) following modern UX guidelines using Sketch (or Photoshop / Illustrator)
- React (and Redux)
- Webpack / Gulp
- Knowledge of any templating system (Perl's Template Toolkit, PHP's Smarty or Laravel Blade templates, Java's Freemarker, Python's Django, Rails .erb etc.)
- Experience with Git version control
- Classified ads / vertical search websites
- Experience with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)
What we offer:
- Stock options
- 25 days holiday
- Adzuna Academy training programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- A positive attitude towards flexible working and parental leave
- A values-based culture
- Company contributory pension scheme
- Huge learning opportunity from smart, experienced colleagues
- Table tennis table and a program of team social events
- Bright, airy office with roof terrace, in the heart of bustling Fulham Broadway
More about Adzuna:
Adzuna is a search engine for job ads used by over 10 million visitors per month that aims to list every job, everywhere. We search thousands of websites so our users don't have to, bringing together millions of ads in one place. By providing smarter search options and powerful data about the job market, we give jobseekers the information they need to take control of their careers. Adzuna.co.uk was founded in 2011 by Andrew Hunter and Doug Monro, formerly of eBay, Gumtree, Qype and Zoopla and is backed by leading Venture Capital firms Passion Capital, LocalGlobe, Index Ventures and Smedvig Capital. We also supply real-time data to the Number 10 Dashboard and Office for National Statistics labour market indices. In 2018, Adzuna won the contract to run ‘Find a job’, one of the British government’s most used online services. Adzuna’s mission is to be the best place to start looking for a job. We love using the awesome power of technology to help match people to better, more fulfilling jobs and keep Britain working.