Data Scientist (Social Media Manipulation)
At Astroscreen, we protect brands and defend democracy from harmful social media manipulation campaigns also known as astroturfing. We do this by using machine learning aided by disinformation analysts. We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join our growing team.
- You will join a team of data scientists from different backgrounds including computer science, economics, and social studies.
- You will interface with our engineering team to productionize your algorithms, and to provide you with the infrastructure needed to run them in a reasonable amount of time.
- You will invent, build, evaluate and refine algorithms to detect Social Media Manipulation, many of them will be based on Machine Learning.
- You will create visualization tools to aid our disinformation analysts in the detection of inauthentic activity in Social Media, including complex network visualizations and layouts.
- You will create and test new methods of querying and collecting data from our different social media streams.
- You are proficient in Python and in the general tools needed for data science (network analysis, numpy, pandas, etc).
- You can implement a complex prediction algorithm by yourself, end to end.
- You are comfortable in cloud technologies like AWS.
- You have experience as a Data Scientist.
- You are comfortable obtaining data from a variety of sources including APIs, Databases, and the general web.
- You can also parse and derive meaning from this data, be it structured or unstructured.
Apply today and let us know why do you want to work for Astroscreen in your cover letter!
Agency calls are not appreciated.